SMS messages in Message+ mistake package tracking numbers for phone numbers. Help!
IROVERSTER
Enthusiast - Level 2

I receive many messages from carriers that contain tracking numbers for incoming packages. In Message+ the tracking numbers are highlighted in blue and underlined. When I click on the number, a popup appears asking me if I want to dial the number or text. How do I fix this so the tracking number will take me directly to the carrier?

Labels (1)
Re: SMS messages in Message+ mistake package tracking numbers for phone numbers. Help!
jav6
Champion - Level 3

What make/model device are you receiving these Message+ text messages on?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
Re: SMS messages in Message+ mistake package tracking numbers for phone numbers. Help!
IROVERSTER
Enthusiast - Level 2

Samsung Galaxy 8+, CSA4 Android Update

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

Sounds like there is a setting somewhere that when a number is seen as a link, a phone app is associated instead of a web page search.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
IROVERSTER
Enthusiast - Level 2

This didn't happen when I used basic Messaging, and only recently when I use Message+. Web searches were useless due to frequent updates of system and Verizon's meddling with some apps. I haven't found a setting that controls how numbers are classified by default in Message+ so will probably uninstall and replace with a more reliable SMS feature. Rather than waste any more time on this issue I prefer to keep and fix Message+ if at all possible. Thanks for your help!

0 Likes
coreym_vzw
Verizon Employee

Message+ concerns are not what we want for you as we want you to take advantage of the messaging app you like. We'll be more than happy to troubleshoot this issue. What changes have you made to your device prior to this experience? Are you having the same experience with more than one carrier text? Is the Message+ app up to date?

CoreyM_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
IROVERSTER
Enthusiast - Level 2

All apps (including Android Oreo) are completely up to date.  All texts from all carriers (USPS, FedEx, UPS) which contain tracking numbers experience the same problems. I also get many updates via email and the tracking numbers take me directly to the carrier's tracking page, so the problem is exclusive to Message+. I have downloaded ChompSMS to try and will see if the problem exists on that app as well.               

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Seeing that you use this texting link feature frequently, it is a must that you are able to seamlessly use it. Thanks for providing us with the details that we were looking for. When was the last time the tracking number was sent to you successfully without the texting or call option? Let's make sure that a 3rd party application is not causing the issue. Please enable your device in Safe Mode, click on the tracking number, and let me know of results. https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-211218/ How was your results of the ChompSMS app? Please fill me in with what occurred.

AkaneM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

IROVERSTER wrote:

This didn't happen when I used basic Messaging, and only recently when I use Message+. Web searches were useless due to frequent updates of system and Verizon's meddling with some apps. I haven't found a setting that controls how numbers are classified by default in Message+ so will probably uninstall and replace with a more reliable SMS feature. Rather than waste any more time on this issue I prefer to keep and fix Message+ if at all possible. Thanks for your help!

Why did you switch to Message+ to begin with?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
IROVERSTER
Enthusiast - Level 2

No compelling reason. Just decided to use it because it had additional features that appealed to me. I particularly like the sync feature- very useful.

0 Likes