SMS Messaging Email Destination
HHillsman

Hi there:

Noticed I am receiving some SMS text messages as emails as well.  Currently they are coming to xxxx@yyyy.com.  I would like to change that to aaaa@bbbb.com.  Is there a user setting in the Verizon Wireless web client that will allow me to change the email destination address?  Could be related to Vtext. 

Thanks!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: SMS Messaging Email Destination
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi there right back HHillsman! You're correct! Your phone's email address is related to Vtext. By default, your phone's email address is your 10 digit mobile number @vtext.com for text messages or @vzwpix.com for picture messages. Your @vzwpix.com address doesn't have the ability to create a nickname but if you'd like to create a custom email address for your text messages as an alternative to your mobile number, log into http://bit.ly/MFfK6S and then select Preferences > Nickname.

Thank you
JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
HHillsman

Jennifer, hi:

Thanks for following up!

Two questions:

1.       Navigating to the link you provided (http://bit.ly/MFfK6S) takes me to a VZW.COM page.  None of the options (e.g. “preferences”) are hyperlinked.  The only nav option from that page is “Register Today” (“and start taking advantage of these free and easy to use features.”).  Thing is, I’m already registered…and the link takes me to the Verizon Wireless login page.  When I’m logged in on the same browser session, I still get the “Register Today” link.

2.       My question actually did not go to creating a nickname at vzwpix.com.  Rather, I am receiving actual emails, like the goofy spam item that came in today (enclosed).  These are addressed to an actual email address although they appear to be in a message category.  What I am trying to figure out is where at VZW these messages are originating so I can change the destination from  << email addresses removed >>

Much obliged for your assistance!

-James

<< Personal information removed to comply with >>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes