SMS CHARGES?
Mayita315

I hope I am posting this message in the right forum if not, please point me in the right direction.

I own a DROID, I have 166 txt messages that I need to save for court purposes. I did think that I could download the messages to my computer or the DROID SD Card but VERIZON Tech support told me cannot be done.  I've been told that txt messages get delete them after X amount of time, don't know if this true or not. Is it true? VERIZON told  me that I could forward the messages to my personal email account,  I tried to do that but I did stop because every time I forwarded a txt message it will tell me "SMS charges will apply"? I am scare to run up my phone bill. Am  I going to be charged if I keep forwarding these messages to my personal email account? Is there any way that I can send all the messages at once like an attachment?

Thanks in advance

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: SMS CHARGES?
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

Mayita315 wrote:

I hope I am posting this message in the right forum if not, please point me in the right direction.

I own a DROID, I have 166 txt messages that I need to save for court purposes. I did think that I could download the messages to my computer or the DROID SD Card but VERIZON Tech support told me cannot be done.  I've been told that txt messages get delete them after X amount of time, don't know if this true or not. Is it true? VERIZON told  me that I could forward the messages to my personal email account,  I tried to do that but I did stop because every time I forwarded a txt message it will tell me "SMS charges will apply"? I am scare to run up my phone bill. Am  I going to be charged if I keep forwarding these messages to my personal email account? Is there any way that I can send all the messages at once like an attachment?

Thanks in advance

On my G1 I can port text messages to my memory card. Not sure about the Droid though. About the forwarding...I assume you do not have a messaging package. Without a messaging package you are charged 20 cents per text sent/received. You can send the messages, but each time it'll be 20 cents. 

0 Likes
Re: SMS CHARGES?
nycsheart
Enthusiast - Level 3

If you have a text plan you won't be charged extra for forwarding your texts from your phone to your personal email.

You will only be charged if you don't have an unlimited plan and you go over your allotted amount.

0 Likes