Retrieving content
redrhino

I know there has to be a way to retrieve text message content for my phone.  I haven't deleted the messages, I need a way to access them and retrieve the info from them.  I've tried everything on the website to do it, but only get the general usage info.  How can I retrieve this content?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Retrieving content
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can only get detailed messaging info if you are the account holder; secondary lines on a family plan only see summary information.  And the details do not include the content of the text messages, just the date, time, and number texted to and from.  There is no way to see the content of text messages online.

If the messages are still on your phone, you can forward them to your email address, and put the date, time, number information in the text of the email as none of that info comes through in the forward.  The content of the text message will be sent to your email so you can save it.

0 Likes
sadie85
Contributor - Level 3

The only way to retrieve message content is to contact your local police dept or an attorney to have the records subpoena. It needs to be a quick process as messages are only for 3-5 days.

0 Likes
clhardy

i am the account holder but how do i get that list? i just need the incoming messages and the numbers

0 Likes