Recipients are not receiving texts
Jessezgrl4life0

I just switched over from AT&T today. I got a Samsung Rouge. I texted my friend and my boyfriend (who both happen to be on AT&T) and I did not get a text back. I called and asked if my boyfriend had received the text and said he did not. I texted another AT&T customer and they also did not get my text message. When I texted a verizon customer she was able to read my message and reply. The phone is telling me that my messages were indeed sent and I am told that they have went through after I sent them. I dont know how to fix this problem. Anything will help. Thank you!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Recipients are not receiving texts
CLANE3

Wow I'm having the EXACT problem. I switched from at&t last week and I have the samsung rogue as well. Yes, I cannot send or receive pics/sounds/video messages from anyone not with verizon. I'm still waiting to hear back from a tech, but from what I understand it seems we are not the only ones and the underlying feature is that we've switched our number over.

What I've learned so far:

-powering the phone off or taking the battery out doesn't work

-the *228 programming doesn't work

-it's not a problem with having the signature on, because I had the problem with the signature off

-its not because we are sending a message that is too big

Sooo let me know if you find out something new! I would hate to leave verizon because I like their bundled plans and I get a really good employer discount. But truth is there are some things you can do with at&t service that I can't do with verizon (i.e. conference calling options). And the messaging problem is just DEAD WRONG. I would rather it be a phone issue than a verizon issue, but I love the rogue :smileysad: 

0 Likes
CLANE3

well all of a sudden at like 30min I decided to randomly send a pic to someone and they got it. so everything just started working. i'm sure i will still get a call from tech support in like a week lol! but yea hope it works out for ya

0 Likes
FireFly66

I'm having this same problem. I've been having it for about five months now. At first I thought it was my phone (then it was a Dare) then I got an Env3. I've done that *228 thing twice and it didn't work. I went to the Verizon store and they replaced my phone. So right now I'm have a brand new Env3, and it still doesn't work. I'm going back today to see what I can do. Texting is was my phone is primarily used for. I'm not going to sit around and let this happen.

0 Likes
Carm
Contributor - Level 2

As far as the original poster goes, since it has only been a day I would say the number port might not have taken correctly for some odd reason; of course I am assuming you did port your number.

I hate to say this, but I have read somewhere that just getting a number change to a VZW prefix usually solves the problem. I know this might not be an option and have heard of this happening before with porting numbers.

Before you give up, and I know that cust service can be totally raggedy in calling back etc. ( Have been with VZW since they were airtouch so I know ). Call them back or call them if you have not and tell them about problem. If you have already I would suggest writing a complaint on planetfeedback.com. This will generate a call from someone, I know this.

But before you do please try tech support if not already

0 Likes
mommymandi

We have had a family plan with Verizon for a year with absolutely no problems.  Well, my phone stopped working and I got a new one last week.  Now 3 days in only about half of texts are being received.  My husband is in on our plan is not receiving any of my texts.  This is a huge problem and I have no idea what is going on.  So, it certainly has nothing to do with people that are not verizon customers.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

mommymandi wrote:

We have had a family plan with Verizon for a year with absolutely no problems.  Well, my phone stopped working and I got a new one last week.  Now 3 days in only about half of texts are being received.  My husband is in on our plan is not receiving any of my texts.  This is a huge problem and I have no idea what is going on.  So, it certainly has nothing to do with people that are not verizon customers.

With a new phone, I would dial *228 option 2 to be sure the PRL is the most recent - I would not assume they did that for you in the store!  You can also dial *228 option 1 which will reprogram and update the PRL at the same time.  See if this helps, and post back if you are still having problems.

0 Likes