Re: Recipient has insufficient funds to receive message.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are dedicated in providing you the most reliable assistance, and I will be glad to look into what can be done about the unwanted messages you have received. Please try unblocking the blocked number, followed by blocking it again. Please let us know how this works out for you.

AngelG_VZW

0 Likes
Willem
Enthusiast - Level 1

Recently Did an update Galaxy S6. Now this randomly it seems, "You were unable to receive a text message due to a device restriction or insufficient funds."

I have gone thru this thread, What Is The Fix Please!

0 Likes
tptrain
Enthusiast - Level 2

@Willem wrote:

Recently Did an update Galaxy S6. Now this randomly it seems, "You were unable to receive a text message due to a device restriction or insufficient funds."

I have gone thru this thread, What Is The Fix Please!

I needed to block some people from texting and calling my family.  I went on Verizon site and used the free blocking service up to 5 blocks and blocked these people from contacting my four family members who are also on my verizon plan. 

We experimented as to how it would work first, so we temporarily blocked one of our own numbers.   When the blocked caller called me, it gave this voice message to them:  we're sorry the number you you have dialed has calling restrictions that has prevented the completion of your call. 

When the blocked caller texted me, they saw that the message was delivered.  However, I received this text from the blocked number, although it didn't identify where it came from:  you were unable to receive  text message due to a device restriction or insufficient funds.  Another time it just said:  recipient has insufficient funds to receive message. 

So it's weird that I got these blocked unidentified text messages to me that there were unsufficient funds...etc.  In one of these threads from Verizon management they said if the blocked number was another verizon customer, that their text message would say:  delivery failed.  However in our experiement from a verizon phone to a verizon phone the blocked caller did not receive the message that delivery failed.

But I was happy to know if they called, they got the recorded message about being restricted.  I do want the blocked callers/texters to know that they have intentionally been blocked.  I hope verizon can fix the texting piece so that the blocked texter will know that they are blocked.

0 Likes
tptrain
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sorry in advance if this seems confusing!

I needed to block some people from texting and calling my family.  I went on Verizon site and used the free blocking service up to 5 blocks and blocked these people from contacting my four family members who are also on my verizon plan. 

We experimented as to how it would work first, so we temporarily blocked one of our own numbers.   When the blocked caller called me, it gave this voice message to them:  we're sorry the number you you have dialed has calling restrictions that has prevented the completion of your call. 

When the blocked caller texted me, they saw that the message was delivered.  However, I received this text from the blocked number, although it didn't identify where it came from:  you were unable to receive  text message due to a device restriction or insufficient funds.  Another time it just said:  recipient has insufficient funds to receive message. 

So it's weird that I got these blocked unidentified text messages to me that there were unsufficient funds...etc.  In one of these threads from Verizon management they said if the blocked number was another verizon customer, that their text message would say:  delivery failed.  However in our experiement from a verizon phone to a verizon phone the blocked caller did not receive the message that delivery failed.

But I was happy to know if they called, they got the recorded message about being restricted.  I do want the blocked callers/texters to know that they have intentionally been blocked.  I hope verizon can fix the texting piece so that the blocked texter will know that they are blocked.

0 Likes

Did you try asking the blocked person if it was really them texting you? Or was it something else? My entire message, and I have an iPhone, says “We couldn't find anything that matches 'You were unable to receive a text message due to a device restriction or insufficient funds,” does yours say this complete message as well?

0 Likes
tptrain
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, it was the blocked person.  We were all in the same room at home to communicate with each other on our cells so we could all see what reply we got.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

tptrain, I appreciate all you've already tried and tested. The make/model of a phone also makes a difference. For example, if I have an iPhone, and I block an Android, the message won't come through to my phone at all. If they try to call me, they will get my mailbox and be able to leave a message; however, I won't get a notification. I would have to check my Blocked Messages. 

Does this make sense? 

VanessaS_VZW

0 Likes
mgobluefan79
Enthusiast - Level 1

Somebody on my plan has the same issue. She's got an iphone 7, and is getting rather irate about the message that is supposedly coming from her. Is there going to be a fix for this issue? Obviously if you are blocking somebody, you don't want to get continually spammed with the "You were unable to receive a text or message due to a device restriction or insufficient funds" message every time the blocked person messages you...

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am so sorry to hear of your messaging difficulties. Does this happen with a specific contact? What model device do you have? Anything change on the phone when this issue began? - AlbertoR_VZW 

0 Likes
mballardxray
Enthusiast - Level 1

I wish Verizon would fix this. We blocked my husband's ex wife a few months back and everytime she tries to contact him he gets this text. We know it is her because she will call from a different phone. This defeats the purpose.