Re: Recipient has insufficient funds to receive message.
WNCsnoopy24
Enthusiast - Level 2

This happened to me on 10/27/19 at 9:15am.  It occurred when someone sent an image  at 9:15am via text except I got it twice and when I check the message details the first one under Media Type says application/s... and the second exact same message says Media Type image/jpeg.  This was sent from another Verizon user likely direct from Facebook or twitter.  All other message details are the same except "Media Type"

Since so many ppl prob share images from fb and twitter via text that could be the issue.  I rarely get images via text like that so it was easy for me to see the message that came in at the same time I got the recipient insufficient funds message which appears to be some type of bounce back message from the server.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know how important it is to have your messages working correctly, WNCsnoopy24 we'll be glad to help. In this case, this is a known issue by our network team and are working on getting this resolved as soon as possible. WE appreciate your patience.

AlfredoL_VZW

0 Likes
KRIHAR62
Enthusiast - Level 2

Usually this means that there is a block either the numbers have been blocked or the minutes or data have been blocked or limited. This has happened to me before and I had accidentally put  a block thru smart family app.

0 Likes
Mannasox

My daughter has been getting these messagse too! All today. 8 of these texts today. from her own number. she's on the Kids plan as well. I sent Verizon a message asking what this was about, but of course that will be forever till I get a response from them. Some days I wonder why I ever chose to come back to Verizon. Today is definitely one of those days. It seems that the replies on this thread from Verizon are basically showing they are NOT reading the actual problem and replying with some general hocus pocus replies that don't actually address that ctual problem on hand here. There are a LOT of people with this same exact problem. My daughter has an Iphone 8. hasn't touched her phone in a few days (confiscated by mom) so she hasn't done anything different in the past 3 days as far as updating or blocking anyone. Verizon needs to fix this issue asap. 

0 Likes
KRIHAR62
Enthusiast - Level 2

Do you have any block on her minutes or texts or is she over on data? I know the kids plan automatically signs up for smart family and I'd double check every setting on her line because most likely the is a restriction there that you might not be seeing. Not a Verizon employee just dealt with a bunch of garbage from them and wanted to try to help. 

0 Likes
spike921
0 Likes
spike921

You have been "working on getting this resolved" for over 2 years now.  

0 Likes
duppy1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon needs to admit they've been hacked AGAIN!!!

0 Likes
duppy1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon is stupid. These questions they ask are absolutely moronic and useless.

0 Likes
duppy1
Enthusiast - Level 2

EXACTLY!  They've been hacked and refuse to admit it. 

0 Likes