Recipient has insufficient funds to receive message.
mzwilkat
Enthusiast - Level 1

I recently blocked a phone number on my account last Thursday (June 6, 2019). As of yesterday, I started receiving this message every time I sent the main account number on my VZ account and my job's cell phone number and that is the message that I get. I have a LG Revere 3 basic phone. Power cycling and pulling the battery does not resolve the problem either. I have not made any other changes to my account nor signed up for any subscriptions. 

Re: Recipient has insufficient funds to receive message.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Mzwilkat, we want all of your calls and messages going smoothly. Let's work to get to the bottom of this. Are you able to call these numbers without issue? Are you able to message other numbers without issue? Is your service a pay in advance service? This message would not be connected with blocking a number from contacting your line however, have you made any other recent changes on your account?

LorenB_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

EmansPB
Enthusiast - Level 1

Mine also happened after blocking someone.
The messages come from my own number, so I can't block it, obviously.

No other changes were made to the account.
I have a "flip phone" so I don't go on the internet or have any apps or anything that could give me a virus or maleware.

I DO NOT think it's a coincidence that all of us had blocked numbers just before this started happening.

Something needs to be done. As a work phone I can't have my text messages full all day long and spend the time deleting these constantly.
And unblocking the person isn't a viable option, either.

It sounds like a message (or tons of them) that's sent when the person blocked attempts to text us.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

EmansPB, we want to ensure you get the assistance you need, ASAP. Are you able to call these numbers without issue? Are you able to message other numbers without issue? Is your service a pay in advance service? This message would not be connected with blocking a number from contacting your line however, have you made any other recent changes on your account?CheyenneS_VZW

0 Likes
Tonia536
Enthusiast - Level 1

My daughter keeps getting this message on her new phone. This is not a prepaid line. She has the family plan, which blocks any contacts outside of the pre-approved list. Could this have something to do with it? She keeps receiving texts from herself that’s say she has insufficient funds to complete a message. She has not sent any texts recently, so this is not in response to something she tried to send. She hasn’t used her phone in a few days and she received this message twice today. 

AZ46XY
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is happening to my daughters Pixel3a. The message is from her own phone number so there is no reason to block or call the number. It is not a prepaid phone. It does not happen to any of the other 3 phones on the account. I do have smart family on it but I have no blocked numbers as of now. I have seen several other threads on this issue but no resolution.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Tonia536, I am sorry to hear that your daughter is receiving these messages on her phone! Please reply to our Direct Message, so we can gather the details needed to assist you. 

MichelleH_VZW

0 Likes
Jonesy03CA
Enthusiast - Level 1

My son has also been receiving this message since I changed the plan for his phone to the kids plan. I can’t figure out why this is happening. Any insight? 

stargazer503
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is happening on my son’s new line/phone as well. I blocked a number, and now he keeps getting this message from what looks like his own phone number. He has a “Just Kids” line, which is not a prepaid or pay-as-you-go line. How can we make it stop?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@stargazer503

I can definitely understand you and your son’s concerns with receiving these unwanted messages. I would love to take a closer look into this messaging issue with you.

What model phone does your son have? How often does he receive this text? Lastly, which text messaging application is he using on his device?

AnthonyTa_VZW