Re: Recent Group Text Message Issues
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

REEMOR61,

Making sure you clients feel confident in your messages is a big deal. I want to make sure that you don't have any further issues with this. What messaging app are you using? Which device do you have?

AndrewT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
REEMOR61
Enthusiast - Level 2

S8 edge. Message+

Reese [Removed]

personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Joeyd5,

We want your text messaging application to be issue free at all times. Just to confirm, what exactly is the messaging issue that you are experiencing on your tablet and computer? Send details, we can help fix this.

Thanks,

PamelaF_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Joeyd5
Enthusiast - Level 2

When I create a group and send messages from it, my recipients see the number 588-938-5859.  That is not my number.   Also when I create a group a message is sent to each recipient that informs then I created a group.  Why are people getting an extra message to download an app.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you so much for that information Reemor61. When you are messaging a client, a message are you using an existing message or new message? What number is it adding?

AmberF_VZW

0 Likes
REEMOR61
Enthusiast - Level 2

It usually happens when I create a new message and bring people together

into a group. It is started happening since I've had to give the group a in

message plus when sending to multiple people. I used the message plus

application and the number shows a 588 area code. I've had several people

mention it but do not have the full number just that it enters a 588 area

code number. Typically happens when someone in the group is not with an

Android phone.

Reese [Removed]

personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
lawdog49
Enthusiast - Level 1

This ongoing problem with message+ has not been fixed.  New phones and service a month ago, first group text to my kids did the same thing.  In addition, when I typed each contact in the "To" field and sent them messages, hit and miss on how many would receive the message, although never did they all receive it.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to ensure that you have all the information regarding the app, Joeyd5.  I do have a few questions if you don’t mind.  Are the other members of your group using the Verizon Message Plus application?  If they are not using the Message Plus app, then they will receive a notification to download the app.  Receiving devices not using the Message Plus app will receive group messages arriving from a 588 number instead of the group name.

AdamB_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know how important it is to be able to use group messaging, Joeyd5. Are you using the Message + app for text? If so, this messaging app will allow you to create your own groups and then name them. This is a feature that is specific to the Message + app so any user who is not using the app will want to download Message + (Verizon Messages) in order to get the full messaging experience. When sending these group messages to users who are not using the Message + app the messages will come from a number starting with a 588 area code. Since these users do not have the Message + app installed they are not able to see the group name so this number comes up instead. Does that make sense?

LaurenC_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you so much for the helpful information, Reemor61. I know how important it is to get this resolved for your business. Let's keep going. What make & model of device do you have? Does this issue happen with the default text messaging app as well?

GersonG_VZW

0 Likes