Profile Pictures of Contacts not showing in Verizon Message Plus
CHAYEGRAM
Enthusiast - Level 2

Why aren't the profile pictures of my contacts that use profile sharing, showing up when I use Verizon Messages?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Profile Pictures of Contacts not showing in Verizon Message Plus
CHAYEGRAM
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sorry! That should have said NOT showing up.

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

I believe there were several other previous discussions regarding this in the last several years.  I don't think there was any definitive resolution.  If I remember correctly (without searching the forums), contact profile pictures used by Message+ get downloaded from the Cloud somewhere and may or may not correspond with the pictures on the phone or what is used by the desktop/web site access to Message+.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

CHAYEGRAM,

I'm sorry that your profile pictures for those using Verizon Message + who utilize the profile sharing feature aren't working correctly. Allow me to help figure this out for you. Have you checked to make sure that your Verizon Messages + & the other people's Verizon Messages + app are all up to date? Have the others checked to make sure that the profile picture is set to public? When did this problem start to happen?

Alicia_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
CHAYEGRAM
Enthusiast - Level 2

They don't use Verizon Messages +, but I do. However they do have Samsungs and are able to use the profile sharing feature. Most of them use their stock messaging app.  When I use the stock app, their profile sharing pictures show  However, when I switch and use the Verizon Messages+ app, those particular contacts that have Samsungs as well and use the profile sharing feature, profile pictures are replaced with a letter.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for letting us know, CHAYEGRAM. If most of your friends that use Samsung are using that stock message feature, it is likely only able to share between the stock messaging app. JAV6 touched on some key points regarding how Verizon Messages pulls contact profile photos. You can either save a contact directly to your phone and choose a photo for them via VZ Cloud, or your phone's Gallery.(This saves the contact via Verizon Cloud if you are using that feature)

You can also create the contact and save it to your Gmail account. You will want to sync their Gmail details as well, and the two can then sync together if their profile information has a profile photo that can be set as their contact picture. Verizon Messages will then use that stored contact information to display their picture. Keep in mind that this can only happen if they have a profile photo set. and that this process can take a little bit of time for the picture to sync over to your phone and contact. 

Please keep us posted.

Nicandro_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes