Problem sending enhanced feature text to email
Webtalker
When trying to forward what seems to be a normal text message to my email, I get an error message saying, "Messages with enhanced features cannot be sent to email", and the message is not sent, even though it shows up in my sent folder.  Anyone found a workaround to this or can tell me why this is happening?
Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Problem sending enhanced feature text to email
risu
Contributor - Level 3
What enhanced feature does the text message have?
0 Likes
Webtalker
Best I can tell, there is no enhanced feature.  I've even taken the phone to Verizon stores and they can't identify an enhanced feature either.  Also, it doesn't happen on all messages - just some, but from different senders.  It's a mystery!
0 Likes
NekoSaru
Contributor - Level 3

You can try sending the message to yourself first then forwarding it to email. 

May sound off texting your own phone from your own phone, but it may help. I had to do that once to send a video to email. 

0 Likes
Webtalker

Yep, tried that during one the Verizon store visits.  Thanks for the suggestion though.

Here's a new clue to the mystery - when I open a message that I can successfully forward to email, there are 6 choices under "options" (again, when you open the message to read it), but when I do the same for a message that can't be sent, there are 8 choices.  The two new ones are #3: Erase and #4: Save Object.

I won't hit #3 because I don't want to accidentally lose the message, but when I hit #4, I get the message "Cannot save preloaded or invalid object".  The message sender tells me there are no objects intentionally attached.

Any suggestions?

0 Likes
Webtalker
Let's try a different approach to solve this mystery... can someone tell me what is considered an "enhanced feature" in a text message?  Maybe if I had a list, I could talk to the senders about those specifics.
0 Likes
mirenna
I have the same problem...I can't forward text from my inbox to my email...same with the pic folder...I can foward to another phone number but I can't  to my email...the message is the same enhanced feature text can't be sent to email" anybody can help here
0 Likes
Carm
Contributor - Level 2

Webtalker wrote:
Let's try a different approach to solve this mystery... can someone tell me what is considered an "enhanced feature" in a text message?  Maybe if I had a list, I could talk to the senders about those specifics.

Enhanced messaging meaning to add graphic, animation, sound, but also font size, font style, text color and background color!

:smileysurprised: 

0 Likes
NekoSaru
Contributor - Level 3

Here is one thing I noticed with the change in features over the year. I didn't notice it until yesterday when I sent my dad a video.

At one point, all phones could only record and send 15 sec vids.

Eventually the vcast phones were at 30 seconds. You could send to an older model with 15 secs but they could NOT forward that video because it exceeded their 15 sec default.

Now, my touch defaults to 60 seconds. My dad has the C2 which is 30 seconds. He could receive my video but not forward it to my mom (env2 user).

This is just a guess, but I think this may relate to your issue in some form or another. But again... maybe not. :smileysad:

0 Likes
PhonePrincess
Contributor - Level 2

mirenna,

the reason that you are NOT able to send enhanced messages to email is because the enhanced messaging service is ONLY available from one verizon wireless phone to another verizon wireless phone (obviously both phones would have to be enhanced messaging capable as well).

What you CAN do though is if you want to be able to send a long message instead of several short messages to someone...Try sending that particular person a pix message instead WITHOUT adding a pic. then what you can do is where it says subject(for the pic) and text(for the pic) you can enter in a text message there that is up to 1,000 characters.

That may be a way to work around your issue.

0 Likes