Re: children
nuneswa
You would think parents would be able to monitor what is beeing sent to their kids phones and from who. I am frustrated as a parent. Something legislature has to work on. I'm not so concerned about divorces the indavidual mentioned, just the potential threat texting my 13 year old daughter.
0 Likes
Re: Printing out text messages
sir_real

Do to privacy and legal restrictions, Verizon can not, and will not access text messages that were sent or recieved from the device. unless the text messages are requested due to a legal situation and are under court order. This is to protect the privacy of our customers. I could only imagine how many divorces we would cause if text messages were available to the public to review. 

Actually the person sending/receiving the text message would be the cause of the divorce if there's evidence of something unethical going on. It could even save a marriage if there is nothing going on.  I suspect that my wife is up to something and if I could only view the content I would then know the truth. The phone is in my name but all I can see is date, time, to & from. I would like to be able to see the actual text content without having to look at the device. There has to be a way and it must be stored somewhere.

0 Likes
Re: Can we read messages online?
PhonePrincess
Contributor - Level 2

be_ ,

the only way for you to be able to do something like that would be to go to meebo.com, and there you can register all your messenger services you currently have usernames and passwords for, and then you can have messenger conversations with the people you are trying to get ahold of.

0 Likes
Re: Can we read messages online?
PhonePrincess
Contributor - Level 2

Sir and Cobalt said it perfectly.

To even ATTEMPT to be able to see the content of the text messages, Basically what has to happen is :

#1) You have to have a legally justifiable reason to have access to them

#2) You have to have either a law enforcement official OR an Attorney contact the VzW Legal Resource Team

#3) When the Law or Attorney does that, they MUST have a SIGNED search warrant specifying that they need the information...

AND-- Keep in mind that text messages are only stored on a server for 3-5 days after they are sent/received.

0 Likes
Tvlgrl
Enthusiast - Level 1
I'm sorry if this sounds harsh, but if you're concerned about safety regarding a 13 year old, TAKE THE PHONE AND CHECK THE MESSAGES!  I have a 13 year old son and I check his text messages frequently.  He knows that my husband or I will ask for it at any time.  They're children, for heaven's sake, and to the argument that it "invades their privacy" - phooey.  As long as he is my responsibility, living in my house, using the phone I PAY FOR, I have the right to check the phone anytime I want. 
NekoSaru
Contributor - Level 3

I agree with you Tvlgrl. A cellphone is a privilege to a child, not a right. As parents, we have the right to take it away at anytime. We rule our kids, not the other way around. My parents sure as heck did not let me pull the "Invasion of Privacy" act on them.

Part of my argument with my husband on why our 2yr old does NOT need a cellphone. O_O Maybe for her 16th birthday AFTER she proves responsibility. Or better yet, maybe I should make her choose: car or cellphone. :smileytongue: Ebil Mommy Plan.

0 Likes
Carm
Contributor - Level 2
Message Edited by Carm on 06-24-2009 01:07 PM
0 Likes
mikedamirault
Contributor - Level 3

This thread has been hijacked so many times the thread is almost unfollowable (I don't know the difference between a question or an answer on this thread), this is the reason why we have "New Post" buttons, to create our own threads, please use them

As for what the THREAD STARTER was asking, yes, you can text the given SMS/MMS messages to an email address, then print the email like you would print any other email, you can also copy/paste the text from the email to a word processor for multiple texts, then print it all as one, there is no way to do this using bluetooth, USB, or MicroSD card though as texts are saved to the internal memory of the cell phone, and USB and bluetooth connections to not support text transfer (I wish it did myself)

0 Likes
mtmrail

The problem with forwarding the messages to email is that they lose all data of who they came from in the first place.

I have someone harassing me and want to print the messages from my phone so I don't have to go all the way to getting a subpoena. My text inbox is full but I don't dare delete these messages because they'll be gone forever and I can't defend myself anymore. Are there even any phones made that can keep the sender information when forwarding or better yet that can dock & print the messages. It's my phone, my messages, and now my problem because I can't print them.

0 Likes
kittymom

just trying to help.

When I receive a text msg, it is always there in my INBOX on my Samsung.

If I know it is important, I immediately forward and have one of the CONTACTS LIST as my email.

The details on the msg.itself ill give you time,date,etc. and I forward those to email also.

0 Likes