Prank text messages
wynswid
Enthusiast - Level 1

My 16 yr old daughter received a frightening anonymous text message on her Verizon cellphone.  We did a reverse look-up and found the text message was from a T-mobile account in Grand Prairie, TX, but that's all we could find.  How do we report this call?   Should it be reported to Verizon?

Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Prank text messages
kvelling

You should:

A) notify the FCC, state utility commision, and possibly your local police

B) immediately CALL Verizon Wireless (800-922-0204 or *611 from you cell phone) for their professional help 

0 Likes
Techman28
Master - Level 1
I would call the Police immeadiately and notify them and the # that you received the text message from. 
0 Likes
KaiserBob
Enthusiast - Level 3
Definitely call the police if the messages are threatening in nature. Also VZW can add call & message blocking to the line at no charge and add that number to the block list. The block is good for 90 days and can be readded if necessary.
0 Likes
Midwest-Poster

wynswid wrote:

My 16 yr old daughter received a frightening anonymous text message on her Verizon cellphone.  We did a reverse look-up and found the text message was from a T-mobile account in Grand Prairie, TX, but that's all we could find.  How do we report this call?   Should it be reported to Verizon?

Thank you.

If you feel it necessary, get in touch with your local law enforcement and provide them the number and nature of the message.  You may also want to look intoblocking the number from sending messages to your daughter via Usage Controls or the Call & Messaging Block feature.

0 Likes