Pop ups after downloading messenger +
Pgilk

After downloading messenger + on my Pixel 2, I now get blasted with full screen pop ups. How do I stop this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Pop ups after downloading messenger +
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's important you're able to customize your phone and limit pop ups, pgilk. Just to confirm, did you download Verizon Message +? This app does not pull through ads or pop ups. Have you recently downloaded any other apps? What pop ups are you seeing? 

Danielle_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Pgilk

I downloaded messenger + only. That's when I got the pop ups. It's a variety of full page pops ups. I see ads for Pixel 3 a lot. I'll pay closer attention.

0 Likes
Pgilk

It seems all the pop ups are coming from Google Play advertising a product (Pixel 3 comes up constantly) or an app to install: New York Times, AARP.... Some are pretty intrusive. I was watching a vid on instagram and a pop up video for AARP overrode the video I was watching. This wasn't part of the original video because I was able to clear it and continue watching the one from instagram.

This is just beyond annoying. Again, all this happened after downloading messenger +. I'd really, really like to keep messenger + as I love using it and I've already synced it up with my other devices but not if it comes at this cost.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I see. Thank you for verifying those details for us Pgilk, and no worries. We will help you get this resolved. By any chance can you provide us with a screenshot of the pop-ups you are getting to see exactly what is happening? Also, if you try to place your device in Safe Mode does the same thing continue to happen? When was the last time you updated the software in your device?

DavidR_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes