Pictures sent to my Facebook profile incurs data usages charges
GriffinGA

This past month, when I questioned being billed for data usage even when I have a block on my phone, they told me that it was because I sent mobile pictures to my Facebook account.  So I have disabled this feature on Facebook.  But I'm curious, is anyone else being charged for data usage for sending pics to Facebook? 

The funny thing was, the pictures didn't even get uploaded - I would receive texts back from Facebook saying there was an error.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Pictures sent to my Facebook profile incurs data usages charges
BMBills6

I am having the exact same problem. I have "Unlimited Texting," however whenever I send a picture to Facebook's Mobile Uploads I get hit with a $0.25 charge, and the picture never goes through.

I also receive the same charge when I send status updates to Facebook. 

0 Likes
Alyssa

I have the select plan and have sent pictures to facebook without incurring any data charges.

0 Likes
nmchileman
Master - Level 3
There's no additional charges for sending pictures/status updates to Facebook. This usage would be included in any type of message package that you're paying for. The data usage is coming from somewhere else. Reps will tell you things like this just to get you off their back.. but in fact it's not true. Anything done over text/pix/flix messages does not incur any additional data charges such as Megabytes.
0 Likes
Dalejrfan88
I'm not being charged but when I try to upload pics I get a text back that says an error has occured.  Is this a Verizon or a Facebook issue?
0 Likes
Alyssa
Are you sending them to mobile@facebook.com?
0 Likes