Picture Messaging AT&T to Verizon
bloynoys
I cannot recieve or send picture messages to someone on the AT&T network. They look like they send however they never reach the other handset. I have already tried the *282 option 1 and 2 to reset the phone. Any other ideas? I have the alias 2, if that matters.
Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Picture Messaging AT&T to Verizon
Carm
Contributor - Level 2

That could be a number of things to be honest.

Have you verified that you can indeed send pix messages with the device?

You can do this by composing a pix message to yourself and sending it. This will verify or not if you can send.

It could be the pix they are trying to send is in some odd format. Like png if it camp from a PC or bmp ( don't know if those file formats are supported by AT&T devices, or any device for that, except maybe a smart phone ).

It could also be an issue between the 3rd party that processes the mms/text between carriers as well.

The bottom line for VZW if it sends to yourself of another VZW customer, or to another carrier for that fact it is on AT&T end. Now I go between carriers all the time and never seem to have issues, except with AT&T which seems to be a common thing, depending on what you are doing. 

I wish I could offer more help, but the problem might be out of your control in this matter.

Just try those things, and if you feel the need to open a trouble ticket, you can

Good Luck

0 Likes
Re: Picture Messaging AT&T to Verizon
bloynoys
Yeah its weird, sometimes if I reduce the resolution it helps going the other way, however not coming my way. Its weird mostly becuase if you send it three or four times it does work once or twice.
0 Likes