Picture Message
tjdsmith3

I just tried to send a picture message and it keeps crashing on me.  When I go to upload pictures a message comes up saying that exporer will close.  I was wondering if anyone else had experienced this problem.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Picture Message
Carm
Contributor - Level 2

tjdsmith3 wrote:

I just tried to send a picture message and it keeps crashing on me.  When I go to upload pictures a message comes up saying that exporer will close.  I was wondering if anyone else had experienced this problem.

Clarification please. Send a pix how? On you phone or through pixplace? I am assuming you are referring to pix place when talking about uploading too? Please be more specific there are too few details such as where, from, what browser, what windows version site, phone

thanks
0 Likes
tjdsmith3

I go to my Verizon account then to picture and video messaging to send a message.  Once in there I can see my uploaded pictures and can add more by browsing through my pics.  I've done it before  with no problems, it's only been this last time that it failed.  Once I click on upload pictures to browse for new ones the system gives me the message that internet explorer has stopped working and windows will close the program.  I have windows vista but I've been able to do this in the past with no problem so I was just wondering if anyone else has had the same problem. 

Thanks!

0 Likes
Carm
Contributor - Level 2

It could have been some change made on the machine in which you may not have noticed. Some setting in IE. I don't nor will run vista since it is too bloated of an OS.

I as an IT professional use Firefox since it is not a bloated browser like IE is. It is leaner, faster, supports 95% of what IE does, and is customizable for free.

We have alot of issues with IE and our blackboard site where I work, and ALWAYS suggest users to use Firefox when taking tests b/c of lack of stupid errors that occour for example error on page.

You problem could also be with the plug in that VZW uses causing the problem. I am not sure what version of IE you are using, but i would suggest 7 not 8 since there are still issues with it, and forever will be. You could remove the plug in and re-install it to see if that helps.

You do this by going to tools in IE, then manage addons, then enable or disable addons. its called verizonwireless media upload see pix below. It is an active X. simply press delete, and log out and close IE, then go back to the site, and you should be prompted to re-install it.

IE addon.jpg

thinking.gif

Message Edited by Carm on 07-01-2009 10:00 PM
0 Likes
tjdsmith3
Thanks that worked!
0 Likes
Carm
Contributor - Level 2
No problem!