People Aren't Getting My Texts
LivingDedGrrl

I have had my EnV3 since December 23.  Out of the past 180 text messages I've sent, I've realized that only about 50 have actually been received by the people I send them to.

My Verizon account clearly states that these messages were sent from my phone.  Each one of them is logged as being sent and is counted against my monthly allowance of 250.  My husband, who is on our family plan doesn't even get them.  It doesn't matter what network I send them to or where I am or how I imput the information where to send the text, people aren't getting them.  I've talked to tech support 3x and they say I don't have a problem with my phone....but you can clearly see that the messages WERE sent and if you then flip over to my husband's account usage listing, you can CLEARLY see that they WERE NOT received.  It is very easy to see that the number of Texts that I sent to his number from my phone and what he received are not reconcilable.  Every text that is not received was sent from 0006245 instead of my phone's number.

I am VERY upset and I don't know what to do.  I have reprogrammed, done a battery renewal, checked all my blocks, sent test texts enough to use up the rest of my allowance (at Verizon's instruction), done *228, *22890, and everything in between.  I'm just ready to blow.  Having only a handfull of my texts received out of 250 is an outrage.

Does anyone know how to fix this...short of taking my business to Sprint or the competition?  You have no idea how upset I am.  I never have any idea when my texts will be received and when they won't be...but I'm still having to pay for them.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: People Aren't Getting My Texts
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

LivingDedGrrl wrote:

I have had my EnV3 since December 23.  Out of the past 180 text messages I've sent, I've realized that only about 50 have actually been received by the people I send them to.

My Verizon account clearly states that these messages were sent from my phone.  Each one of them is logged as being sent and is counted against my monthly allowance of 250.  My husband, who is on our family plan doesn't even get them.  It doesn't matter what network I send them to or where I am or how I imput the information where to send the text, people aren't getting them.  I've talked to tech support 3x and they say I don't have a problem with my phone....but you can clearly see that the messages WERE sent and if you then flip over to my husband's account usage listing, you can CLEARLY see that they WERE NOT received.  It is very easy to see that the number of Texts that I sent to his number from my phone and what he received are not reconcilable.  Every text that is not received was sent from 0006245 (this is MAIL - like yahoo mail?  or YIM? ) instead of my phone's number.

I am VERY upset and I don't know what to do.  I have reprogrammed, done a battery renewal, checked all my blocks, sent test texts enough to use up the rest of my allowance (at Verizon's instruction), done *228, *22890, and everything in between.  I'm just ready to blow.  Having only a handfull of my texts received out of 250 is an outrage.

Does anyone know how to fix this...short of taking my business to Sprint or the competition?  You have no idea how upset I am.  I never have any idea when my texts will be received and when they won't be...but I'm still having to pay for them.

Are you sending the messages to the full 10-digit phone number (rather than choosing from the contacts list)?  Or are you typing in the contact name?   On another thread a while ago, someone discovered that just typing in the name didn't work, you needed to actually highlight and select the name to send to (start typing, then arrow down to select the name), or type in the whole 10 digit phone number.

I'm not sure why your messages are showing the 0000006245 as the sending number - that's the short code for Yahoo mail.....

0 Likes