Parental controls
Caverly2000
How do I restrict my daughters internet/downloading??? I was expecting a roughly $120.00 bill and ended up with a $300.00 bill!!! OUCH! we have unlimited texting but her downloads are going to KILL ME! HELP!
Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Parental controls
Spanky
Contributor - Level 1

there really isn't a way to "limit" downloads, only block them. (which sounds like it might be a good idea)  VZW customer service can block any additional DLs from happening.

As a side note; watch out for what she has already purchased, it can still be used.  As an example; if she has VZTones Deluxe loaded on her phone, she can still purchase ringtones after the block has been applied.  You may need to remove some existing apps from her phone

0 Likes
kimbo
Enthusiast - Level 1
If your daughter downloads a ringtone it charges her the ringtone price and then the amount of space it takes up -- another price-- Also if your daughter finds a way to get a ringtone for free -- even if sent to her from a friend -- you will get billed and depending on the size of it -- it can be a lot -- someone on here had a bill for just one download for an extra $30 bucks -- so be careful talk to your kiddo .. Verizon needs a way to charge you less for those downloads or put it in a plan for so many free a month ... but until they do -- we have to watch for it!!!
0 Likes
Italianmama
My son did the same thing when he first got his phone.  I called Verizon and they blocked him from downloading ANYTHING on to this phone and then credited me for half the stuff he downloaded.  It was very easy and they were very helpful. 
0 Likes