PREMIUM Text message
ksae
Has anyone ever hear of this?   I just got a new bill and I am being charged for PREMIUM text message.   Just another Verizon make up charge?????????
Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: PREMIUM Text message
Cobalt
Contributor - Level 1

Premium text messaging services are offered by third party companies and billed through your Verizon Wireless account.  Upon signing up for the service, the Premium Content Provider will send messages to your phone billed at either a per message basis or a monthly subscription fee.  The process to sign up for one of these services is to either message to the premium content provider (which has a 5-6 number 'short code') confirming that you want the service, or you can apply for the service through the premium content provider website; in which case, you enter your phone number and they send you a 'pin code' as a text message to the phone, which you confirm through their website to agree to the services.

There are quite a few premium messaging content providers, that range in services from: sending you wallpapers/ringtones embedded in their messages, stock quotes, weather alerts, sports scores, horoscopes, TV gameshows.  Verizon Wireless didn't make up this charge and there's probably a reason it's on your bill.

0 Likes
jewelfan74
GO ON YOUR ACCOUNT AND BLOCK PREMIUM TXT!
0 Likes
Chris7
How do you block Premium texts? I've looked all over on the My Account pages and can't find it.  Thanks.
0 Likes
elusivecritter
Contributor - Level 1

If you wish to cancel a Premium Message subscription you just reply to the message with the word STOP. If you've deleted the message then Customer Service (*611) or your local corporate store can get the number for you. If you're enrolled in MyVerizon you can get the number from the detailed bill you view online.

Once you've cancelled the subscriptions you can have Customer Service or your local corporate store put a block on. Again if you're enrolled in MyVerizon you can do this online.

0 Likes
jennw2002

To block Premium SMS Messaging:

On the main page go to My Services> My Plan> Add/Remove Features> Block Premium SMS

Hope that helps!

0 Likes