Overcharged?
azn5h0rt1

I currently have a 500 messaging plan. But this month, for some reason, it says that I went at least 100 texts over. Being limited to 500 texts I check my account often to check my balance/usage. But 2 days ago, my usage was about 425 texts, and now is at 550+. I can account for 20 texts in the past 2 days, but I have absolutely no idea where the other 125 or so came from. Is this simply a blunder in verizons billing system?

(i don't have any premium text subscriptions either)

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Overcharged?
azn5h0rt1

As a follow up, I woke up this morning and had 16 more texts since I went to sleep.

0 Likes
MAX658
Enthusiast - Level 3

You said " As a follow up, I woke up this morning and had 16 more texts since I went to sleep".

I take it that these are text being sent to you , seeing it was over night when you was sleeping..

things you can try

( 1 )

Till you can find the number that is texting you ,, you can block all text ( free )

( 2 )

Loge in to my Verizon

This is called ( Spam Controls ) , go to -> my cell phone --> Verizon Safeguards -->

Then to --> Spam Controls.. There is a tab [ call & message Blocking ] (free )

( 3 )

change your Cell Number ..and give to those you know only

This could be some one that don’t like you ,/// some one has your number mixed with another person //  a Co. is trying to sell something,, or just Spam , I have know of  people getting ( Spam text ) , that what I do not have texting (blocked out )  ,, plus if you want some thing you can just talk to me ,, lol ,, but to each there own ...

0 Likes
MAX658
Enthusiast - Level 3

Just a Add on

Just so you know some do not ,, Not having texting , does not mean a person cant

( page your Phone ) as it once was called ,, it called sending a ( call back Number )

it's Part of your free voice mail ,, and like I said ,, blocking out text will not stop some one that needs to get a hold of you from

send you a ( a  call back number ) Most phone will Beep beep at you and

will show you the number of the person you need to call  back 

this does NOT cost you , it is NOT a text ,, as in texting

0 Likes
Seda13
Enthusiast - Level 3

Another thing that you want to keep in mind that when you are using #DATA and My Verizon at verizonwireless.com it is a rough estimate of your usage. It isn't always exact and can run about 24 hrs behind and over the weekend its longer and if  (by any chance) your roaming the information for your usage won't be sent till the end of the billing cycle when you bill will print.

0 Likes