Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
Re: Oreo update, message plus
OBABIS65

This is very frustrating it is still only flashing blue makes me wish I would have never installed the update. Is there any way to downgrade?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

CLATER25, ensuring you have the notifications for this application is a must. Help is here. I do want to set proper expectations as we will not have the ability push an update to change the color of the LED light as this is something the manufacturer must provide, but we can work together to ensure you are getting the notifications. When any update comes to the phone, it is always recommended clearing cache. What steps have you taken thus far? 

NatashaA_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
KBVERBATIM
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm getting notifications, most of the time.  Sometimes my texts don't send at all.  But it sounds like the main issue we're all having issues with, which is LED customization, has been eliminated by the 'manufacturer' is that correct?

0 Likes
KBVERBATIM
Enthusiast - Level 3

And, yes, I've cleared the cache.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

KBVERBATIM

It's great to hear that you have fixed the car issue. I know how imperative it is to have your phone connected especially while in the car. Saftey is always a main concern nowadays. I can understand the concern with the impact of your other features like LED and Wi-Fi connection. Although you can't revert to the prior software, your feedback is appreciated. I am confident that Samsung is working diligently to address any issues that occurred from these recent changes.

If you haven't already, I would recommend visiting the Samsung forums for more details surrounding this concern. Your patience is appreciated while this matter is being worked on.

RyanCo_VZW
If my response answered your question, please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

OBABIS65, we truly understand the importance of making sure you are able to customize your device settings. Regrettably you will not have the option to downgrade from the recent update for this application. Can you please provide us the make/model of your device? Also, are you having any other concerns with the messages + application such as text concerns (incoming/outgoing)?

SylviaT_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!! 

0 Likes
KBVERBATIM
Enthusiast - Level 3

I understand there's no way to roll it back.  Yes, I am having problems with texts going in and out since  the upgrade.  We need a fix.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

The feedback is greatly appreciated. In order to get a fix, we would recommend visiting the Samsung forums for more details surrounding this concern. Your patience is appreciated while this matter is being worked on.

0 Likes
Steevoo1

Same problem here note 8 lost led color customization setting in verizon messages. This is an app issue not Samsung. I downgraded back to nougat 7.1 and led customization is missing still. Since verizon punts it to samsung I will be looking for previous verizon messages apk and install.

0 Likes
tonyb08

I'm having the same LED color issue, but I have the Note 8. Also, I'm having an intermittent issue of not receiving Message+ notifications.

0 Likes