On verizon message app I have no sound.
DANTOR8

I have restarted the app and it still has no sound.  In fact it won't even vibrate.  I have switched to other messaging apps and they have all worked.  Just not the verizon one.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: On verizon message app I have no sound.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello  DANTOR8,

We definitely want your app to be in perfect working order. Are you referring to the notification sounds? When did this first begin to happen? Have you recently updated the app? What is the make and model of your phone?

ChristopherM_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
DANTOR8

I have a note 5.  I don't think that I have ever got a sound to come out for my verizon messaging.  I have switched services and have gotten notification sounds, but I don't like the apps as much as the verizon messaging.  I have read others and have done the clear cache.  And that hasn't worked either. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand the importance of having these notifications DANTOR8. Let's get these working. Have you checked the settings with in the application itself? Have you deleted the application and reinstalled again?

JenelleR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
DANTOR8

I have checked the settings.  I can't uninstall it since it is a verizon app on a verizon phone.  I did reset what I could of the app.  It still has no sound.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

There’s bound to be a fix for this.  You’re a champ for resetting and clearing the cache on the app. Let’s see if the sound works while in safe mode. Here are those steps : https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-175656/

DavidH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ROBLEV53
Enthusiast - Level 1

Had the same issue for a while.  No sound on the Verizon Message+ app. No problem on other message apps, including the stock Samsung app. Carefully made sure that notications were activate in app settings, volume was turned up, etc.  Still, no luck.

Today I Finally figured it out. 

Take these steps to get Notification sound to work for the Verizon Message+ app:

1. Hold down the icon for the Message+ app.

2. Choose Disable from dropdown menu

3. Open Play Store and search: Verizon Messages

4. Choose Verizon Messages from list.

5. Choose Uninstall.  App will uninstall.

6. Choose Update.   App will redownload and update.

7. Go to Android settings -> Notifications -> Message+ and make sure that notifications are turned on (allowed) for Messge+ in the app list.

Notification sounds and vibrations should now work!

Customize the app, now that you downloaded the updated version:

1. Open Message+ app in the alphabetical list of apps by clicking the icon

2. Click the three lines in the top left corner, next to “Conversations” and choose Settings from drop down menu.

3. Look through the list of options and check off the features you prefer.

I like to check off: Enable Popup and Enable Popup Over Lock Screen.

This is an option which is unique to the Message+ app, and sets it apart from the other message apps, in my opinion.  The popup window, with the text content, appears - at the top level of your screen - so, regardless of what you had open, you won’t miss or overlook a received text. And, you can then reply from the popup window, without having to separately open the Message+ app.

99equine
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you!  Following these steps fixed my issue!!!

0 Likes