Octane Messaging Issues
beckywing

When accessing texting to create a new message when some time has passed since the last time I accessed it, I will select new message, select a recipient, hit ok, and I get a black screen in the area where I should be writing the text. The only way I can get rid of this is by closing the phone. When I open it, a draft has been created. I can go to the draft and then type and send my message. How can I stop this from happening?

Also, often when receiving a text, I will open the phone, and find I am viewing an old text. I have to close the phone, open it again and go to old texts to read the "new" text. How can I stop this from happening?

I called Verizon when this started happening, and was walked through a download of updated software. It stopped for a while and then started again. I went into the Verizon store and was provided with a replacement phone. A few months later, it happened again. Back to the Verizon store where I was told it was my memory card not being formatted correctly. I pulled the memory card out, and a few days later the same thing happened. At this point, I am tired of Verizon not being able to correct this, and figure I am stuck with this phone until next October.

Can anyone help?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Octane Messaging Issues
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@beckywing

I appreciate you bringing this to the attention of the forum. I understand your concern towards the messaging mishaps that have occurred in recent times. I do want to provide caution towards the memory of the inbox. If you haven't done so, can you please remove messages from the inbox.

YosefT_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
beckywing

Thanks for the  response but this does not seem to help.

0 Likes
beckywing

Hello,

Although I have tried this before, I deleted all messages received and sent and had the same problem. This phone has got some major problem with it. Since the phone was already replaced once, it is the phone and not the user. I really wish I would have insisted on getting a different phone, as I am now stuck with this until October.

Thanks,

Becky

0 Likes
lewisr13
Champion - Level 1

since you're barely over a year with this phone I'd call immediately and see if they'll replace it under the 1 year warranty.. I have 2 Octanes over 2 years old and they work nearly flawless.

0 Likes
trinalow64

Good luck.  I bought an Octane in the fall of 2011.  In the fall of 2012 it started dropping calls all the time.  Verizon sent a replacement and it did the same thing.  They sent another one and I told them I didn't think it was the device.  It happened again and they sent another one!  Finally...after three months of dropped calls (I am an on-call substitute teacher and when I miss a call I don't work and don't get paid) and many phone conversations, they finally figured out it was a problem with where my calls are sent (cell tower or whatever).  My phone was better for a few months.  A few weeks ago I started having problems again, but this time my calls go straight to voice mail.  Again, lost work calls.  I called them and they tried to fix the problem, but weren't able to.  Again, they offered to replace the device.  They offered me a $30 credit for my "trouble!"   I thought that was insulting.  After about 15 minutes they offered my a $50 credit.  Not the point, but better than nothing.  I check the status later that day and they credited my account with $20!  I phone them back after reviewing my account, the agent says that she will put in for the addition $30, but it will have to be approved!   I have been a customer with Verizon for many, many years. We have three lines on our account.  I am very, very unhappy with my service and with Verizon.

0 Likes