Not recieving text messages from pre paid alltel customer
crookedhalo

I recently moved from my original home area (Where my phone number is located) to another state.  The main service provider here is Alltel, with the nearest Verizon store 30 miles north.  I don't have any problem recieving voice calls, but my text messaging, to just one person is a nightmare.  My friend has pre paid service through Alltel.  I can send him a hundred messages a day, everyday for a week and he'll get one.  He can send me messages and I get none.  Sometimes, I  get a message and it's completely blank.  Othertimes its gibberish and just today I would get the previous message everytime he sent me a new text.

How can I fix this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Not recieving text messages from pre paid alltel customer
SMRyan
Contributor - Level 2
I would escalate this up to Technicial Support and if need be, the NRB (network repair bureau) to see if it's an inter-carrier issue, or device specific.
0 Likes
crookedhalo
Thanks SMRyan.  I talked to tech support and they said it is a problem on the other lines end.  My texts are logging in the system and are going where they are supposed too.  I just got a text now, again, that I got a couple of hours ago, twice.  This is totally frustrating!
0 Likes
cwether

I am having the same problem. I just switched from alltel to verizon I have never had this problem before and now with my

new phone I can send text but I don't get anything back. I've called and they told me it's the people on the other end. I wish

they would fix this since I text more than call.

0 Likes