Re: Not receiving group messages outside of Message + app
JuanC00

I went to the settings on my phone and opened up the app manager.  I went to the messages app and cleared and umdwr the storage for thw app i cleared the cache.  I force stopped thw app from thw same window to get reboot the app and all my messages that were just "downloading" opened up in the group chat as they were supposed to.  Hope that helps...

0 Likes
Dannlori

My sister and I are having this exact issue. I can't believe it hasn't been fixed yet. I know it's caused by the message plus app. I received group messages fine before I installed the message plus app. I installed message plus to try for a few days and decided to go back to my stock texting app. I uninstalled message plus and that's when I stopped receiving group messages. It's only group messages created with the enhanced group feature that don't work.

I called tech support a few weeks ago and they said it was a problem they were working on but this latest update to message plus hasn't fixed it.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dannlori, we want to make sure that you and your sister can send and receive group text messages without any issues. Just to make sure that we're on the same page. You and your sister are not using Messages+, and you're still not able to send/receive group messages? With the Message+ application, there are two different ways to create a group message.

If you open Message+ and tap on the Pencil icon in the lower right, this will open to where you can compose a new text message. To send a group message, in the "to" field start typing the contacts name that you want to send it to. This will create a standard group message.

Group Chat lets you add or remove members, assign administrators within the group, add avatar and background, and more. A group can have up to 250 participants.

You can create a Group Chat by tapping the Pencil icon.

Creating a new group lets you customize the conversation for that group with a unique background, avatar, and name.

Note: If you switch to a messaging app other than Verizon Messages (Message+), you won't be able to access your Group Chats. (https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/verizon-messages-faqs/#gc-settings). Does this make sense?

KevinR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Dannlori

Yes, I understand that I have to have the Verizon Message+ app to send a group chat (pencil icon).  That isn't the problem.

The problem is that when someone else that IS using Verizon Message+ app sends a group chat (with the pencil icon) I do not receive it.  That wasn't a problem until after I downloaded the Message+ app myself to try it and then uninstalled it.  After that I stopped RECEIVING group chat messages.

Before I installed the Message+ app I received group chat messages in the stock app just fine.

We do receive group TEXT messages, just not the enhanced group CHAT messages.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dannlori,

I appreciate the clarification on the issue with enhanced group messages. What phones do you and your sister have? Have you done a reset of settings since removing the application? Have you ever gotten a message about downloading a group message thread in any of your other texting apps?   

DerekR_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Dannlori

We both have Pixel XL phones.

I have factory reset my phone and that didn't fix it either.

Before I installed Verizon Message+ to try it, I did receive group chat's.  The first message said something like: "This is a group chat, click on the avatar to add it to your contacts".  I did that and everything worked fine, I could send and receive messages in the group chat.  Then I installed Message+ and uninstalled Message+ and couldn't get any of the group chat's again.

I don't think I ever received anything about downloading a message.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

A factory reset I know is a lot of work. I appreciate the lengths you’ve taken to have it work. Were conversations restored after the reset, or was a new conversation started?

DavidH_VZW

0 Likes
Dannlori

Not sure what you mean by "conversations".

All of my text messages were restored. But I still can't receive group

messages.

On Sat, Mar 24, 2018 at 2:57 PM, vzw_customer_support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dannlori,

We don't want this to be an ongoing issue for you. I am eager to help you finally get to the bottom of the issue.

If all of your text messages were restored after the reset, that is what we were asking by asking about all conversations.

It may be best to finish our troubleshooting efforts over the phone. I have sent you a Private Message.

GinaU_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Lissem1, I want to make sure you're receiving all of your text messages and not missing out on any important ones. As mentioned, there are different whys within the Message+ application to create a group message. There is a group message for just the application. If you open Message+ and click on the pencil icon, you can type the different people's names in the "TO" box at the top of the screen. If you click on "Create Group" that will create a group chat with Message+ users. I hope this helps.

KevinR_VZW

0 Likes