Newly ported phone not sending/receiving non-VZW MMS/SMS
hvnnast

I have a newly activiated Galaxy SIII and am having an issue with SMS and MMS.  The phone number has a long history of being ported, most recently AT&T (2004-2012)->StraightTalk->Verizon.

I am able to send and receive both SMS and MMS with another Verizon phone, however, I am not able to receive either SMS or MMS from an AT&T phone.  I was able to send an MMS to the AT&T phone, but I was not able to send SMS.

Any clues or help are appreciated!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Sometimes it takes a while for all the features complete the port from another carrier.  Try call Verizon Wireless customer service from another phone at 1-800-922-0204 and have them verify or reset the text/picture message feature from their end.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Sometimes it takes a while for all the features complete the port from another carrier.  Try call Verizon Wireless customer service from another phone at 1-800-922-0204 and have them verify or reset the text/picture message feature from their end.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Newly ported phone not sending/receiving non-VZW MMS/SMS
hvnnast

Thanks!  My phone was only half ported so the tech got on the porting system and made sure everything was pulled over. It was stuck a little.

0 Likes