New cell number...where do txts go sent to old cell number?
granigunn

Ok...just got a new cell number due to a prankster that kept calling me at random hours in the middle of the night.

I did not tell all my old contacts my cell number because I think it might have been someone I know. Where do text messages that were sent to my OLD number go? And will they bounce back to the sender so they know I didn't get their message? I mean, I don't want people to think I am ignoring a message they sent me that went to my old number that I didn't get...

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: New cell number...where do txts go sent to old cell number?
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

granigunn wrote:

Ok...just got a new cell number due to a prankster that kept calling me at random hours in the middle of the night.

I did not tell all my old contacts my cell number because I think it might have been someone I know. Where do text messages that were sent to my OLD number go? And will they bounce back to the sender so they know I didn't get their message? I mean, I don't want people to think I am ignoring a message they sent me that went to my old number that I didn't get...

No I don't think they'll get a message back when they text your old number. However if one of your contacts calls your old phone number, then a message will say "verizon wireless number is no longer available" or something to that extent.  Your old number will be given to someone else on Verizon later on down the road. Cell phone numbers are recycled.

Curious,was the person calling you from a blocked number?

0 Likes
granigunn

Yes they were. The number was blocked - otherwise I would have just tried to put a block on that number.

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

granigunn wrote:

Yes they were. The number was blocked - otherwise I would have just tried to put a block on that number.

There are services out there that offer to reveal the blocked number. You can get either TrapCall or Kall8. Either of those services do reveal the caller when they are calling on a blocked number.  If you want to actually block an unknown/restricted/blocked number then take a look at this thread & post by SuzyQ-->Pirvate Numbers

0 Likes