New Message app receives duplicate messages.
JAYSC

Did not have problem till app update. Occurs on both phones that the app was installed on. Have uninstalled, reinstalled, worked on for days now

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: New Message  app receives duplicate messages.
Skwerl
Enthusiast - Level 2

Samsung Note5, Marsmallow, baseband version ending in BQA1 as if Feb 1/17. I had messenger 6.4.5. Reinstalled each new version after repeated force close, zombie txt, and inability to attach pic thru gallery.

Ver 6.4.5 would not send, it would force close. Rolled back to factory Vz messenger+, worked flawlessly for 3 days then would not send/rcv txt on mobile or wifi. Disabled message+ went to native samsung app.

The bug appears isolated to message+ via the new default chat setting & with the provisioning of new Kanvas functionality.

These issues are widespread over multiple devices/users. Hard to believe this passed beta testing,  shocking really considering VZW doesn't bless any new software into the network that quickly ever.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: New Message app receives duplicate messages.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to get those messages working as they should be once again, JAYSC! Does the messaging application receive duplicates of every text message received or just from specific numbers?

ChrisM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JAYSC

Every number.

Have taken numerous steps from notifications to setting default, and does not solve problem. One thing I noticed is that I can force stop the system messaging app that came with my droid razr, and test send a text. The first time I do send a text, it sends one, but changes the force stop setting, then starts receiving duplicate texts again. Love this app but can not use it with duplicate texts, very annoying.

Thanks

Jay

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

The app has received yet another update:

Verizon Messages - v.6.4.5

0 Likes
JAYSC

Did not solve the problem. Still duplicate messages. Yes, set as default, cleared data, and cache, restarted phone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate all of your efforts, JAYSC. I assure you that we want nothing more than to make sure the duplicate messages are eliminated. I’m happy to help.
I was able to send you a private message to continue discussing the issue you are having the message app. We look forward to working with you and finding a solution.

SteveR_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
JAYSC

Received the email and answered

Jay

0 Likes
JAYSC

Been days now and have not heard anything from you’ll

Jay

Update did not solve problem

0 Likes
Skwerl
Enthusiast - Level 2

In fact it is safe to say the newest update 6.4.5 made it worse....for me at least. The app decided it doesn't do messaging anymore. It force closes, still can't attach pics and refuses to notify. I have used the 'hamburger' button to report bugs, it seems on the complaints in the Play Store get any response.

It seems VZW has decided to replace a great messaging app with a stroppy nosy toddler in need of a nap.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Updates should enhance your messaging experience, Skwerl,

Let's look into this. What make/model? What troubleshooting steps have you tried?

KatiM_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes