Never unsubscribed to integrated messaging, still cant restore messages , or re-subscribe to the service
RyanTheMichael

I just switched my SIM card between my Google Pixel and my Note 8. I have done this successfully today a couple of times, and each time my Message + messages re-synced between devices.

Now, on either device, I tap on "restore messages" and I get a quick appearing bubble that tells me to subscribe to integrated messaging in order to restore messages. I go to settings and tap on Activate account, it says  "Please Wait, Starting Services", and then I'm back to square one. I cannot restore my messages. My Windows 10 tablet app has all of my texts from each device in the correct order, so that's working, but the two devices themselves wont restore messages.

I've deleted the cache, uninstalled updates, I cannot uninstall the app since I'm on a Samsung, and I'm not allowed to decided what I do and do not want installed on the phone I paid $1,000 for, so the best I could do is disable and then re-enable. And the problem still exists.

So, how to I subscribe to a service that I never un-subscribed from?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Never unsubscribed to integrated messaging, still cant restore messages , or re-subscribe to the service
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

RyanTheMichael, I definitely know the importance of having access to your saved messages. Are you able to view all of your text messages when you sign into your My Verizon account? Do you recall if any recent software updates occurred on either of the Samsung devices prior to the Integrated Messaging Subscription request happening? TanishaS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Never unsubscribed to integrated messaging, still cant restore messages , or re-subscribe to the service
RyanTheMichael

There were no updates that I noticed. Oddly enough, I just kept trying to "Activate Account" under the main menu options, and eventually the "Restore Messages" option worked. I didn't do much else different other than just keep pressing the button until something happened.

Thank you though. The problem seems to have solved itself.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

RyanTheMichael, we are so ecstatic to hear that it's working properly again.  Please feel free to reach out to us anytime if you have any other issues as we are always here for you.

SeanC_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes