My "@vtext.com" doesn't work! I'm about to cry!!! HELP!
JTSarkis
Enthusiast - Level 1
I am so frustrated. For some reason, my @vtext.com email address doesn't work. I tried to test it out and sent myself a message, and I never received it on my phone. If 0001112222 was my cell #, I went into my email and sent the message to 0001112222@vtext.com but I never received it on my cell. I tried so many times and I'm about to cry! Please someone help me!!!
Message Edited by JTSarkis on 04-20-2009 05:21 PM
Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: My "@vtext.com" doesn't work! I'm about to cry!!! HELP!
JTSarkis
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks for your response. I called Verizon's data department and I fixed the problem:

I had to go to www.vtext.com and sign in. Then I had to un-check the box that said "block text messages from email". I love Verizon... seriously they have like the nicest employees I have ever seen, the best reception, and the coolest phones. The lady on the phone was very polite and VERY helpful. I love you Verizon!!!:smileyvery-happy:

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Michele-VzW
Contributor - Level 2

Let's start at the beginning, how did you set up your account and have you tried to send anyone else an email from there?

0 Likes
aixwayne

I am having the same issues which started Monday 13 April. I have 6 UNIX servers (3 AIX, 3 HPUX). 1 AIX server can send messages, as well as 1 HPUX server. The others get the following errors:

----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----
9999999999@vtext.com
    (reason: 554 njbrspamp3.vtext.com)

----- Transcript of session follows -----
... while talking to smtp-sl.vtext.com.:
<<< 554 txslspamp1.vtext.com
... while talking to smtp-bb.vtext.com.:
<<< 554 njbrspamp3.vtext.com
554 5.0.0 Service unavailable

Message Edited by aixwayne on 22 Apr 2009 03:21 PM
0 Likes
JTSarkis
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks for your response. I called Verizon's data department and I fixed the problem:

I had to go to www.vtext.com and sign in. Then I had to un-check the box that said "block text messages from email". I love Verizon... seriously they have like the nicest employees I have ever seen, the best reception, and the coolest phones. The lady on the phone was very polite and VERY helpful. I love you Verizon!!!:smileyvery-happy:

0 Likes
aixwayne

These are company provide phones, so what account do I enable that on??

Also, that doesn't explain why 2 out of 6 of the UNIX servers can send messages and 4 can't (even to a phone that works all of the time on those two servers). 

Does anyone from Verizon have an explanation for that?

0 Likes