Mobile Im
bubblez89

I have nationwide selct 450 with unlimited texting...does it cost to mobile IM?..

ive been told it ONLY cost to download the app with data charges after that its free if u have unlimited txtn...tru? If so...anyone know about how much?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Mobile Im
Carm
Contributor - Level 2

bubblez89 wrote:

I have nationwide selct 450 with unlimited texting...does it cost to mobile IM?..

ive been told it ONLY cost to download the app with data charges after that its free if u have unlimited txtn...tru? If so...anyone know about how much?

The app is already installed on the phone. Go to messaging, then its option 6 I believe ( dumb phones ) 
I would check to VERIFY that is true. What the website states, and what happens on my phone are two different things. Here is what I have experienced
1) the data icons so activity during all IM messages sent and received. 
2) NO text data shows on my text detail on my bill
Since I have one of the premium plans, I don't worry about any data charges, but like I stated, CALL to get verification on this with CS, and have them note the account as well

0 Likes
Re: Mobile Im
nmchileman
Master - Level 3

If you would like to read of a similiar thread I would suggest this: Mobile IM Charges

It's a good discussion of data charges with Mobile IM that Carm and I had a while back. 

But, to confirm you will not having any data charges for actually using Mobile IM. You would only have the initial data charge of downloading the application if it wasn't already installed. So all of your Mobile IM usage; sending/receiving, logging in/out, updating your buddy list would not charge you MBs.

0 Likes