Mobile IM Question
Robert_R

For texting, I have a plan called a "NATIONWIDE SELECT FAMILY SHARE SECONDARY 2100." Will I get charged using Mobile IM if I have this plan?

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: Mobile IM Question
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

Robert_R wrote:

For texting, I have a plan called a "NATIONWIDE SELECT FAMILY SHARE SECONDARY 2100." Will I get charged using Mobile IM if I have this plan?

If you use the Mobile IM app to access your AIM account, you will be charged text messages only.  The ONLY MB charges that may apply are for the INITIAL download of the Mobile IM app.  My phone came with it pre-installed - all usage beyond the initial download of Mobile IM is text.

If you are accessing AIM through the browser on the phone, it WILL count as MB usage.  To avoid MB usage and only use your texting allowance, make sure you are using the Mobile IM app.

(Taken from SuzyQ HERE)

0 Likes
Robert_R

Okay, that's good to know, but for some reason our next payment skyrocketed 150 something dollars. O.o

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Robert_R wrote:

Okay, that's good to know, but for some reason our next payment skyrocketed 150 something dollars. O.o

What was the increase from?  Data usage?  The initial download of Mobile IM will be less than a MB, or $1.99 if you have the SELECT plan.  Using Mobile IM once it's on the phone is all texting - I;ve used it for months with no data charges.  And since yo have the SELECT plan (as I do), your texting is unlimited.

0 Likes
Robert_R

Yeah, on my look on my usage, I haven't done anything to do such an increase.

0 Likes
cov331

if it was me personally i would go to the store and ask, or complain. once my bill did the same thing, and when i talked to the people the computer messed up so they fixed my bill :smileyhappy:

0 Likes