Mobile IM Question on Nationwide plan
Pentai

If I update my account to receive the new Nationwide plan, will I be charged data for using Mobile IM?

I'm asking this because I've seen two different answers on this forum, one stating that refreshing / signing on will charge you data, and another stating that there are no data charges.

I know you are charged for each sent / received message unless you have a text messaging plan.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Mobile IM Question on Nationwide plan
franchise66
There is no charge for the application....However MB charges will apply to download the application.
0 Likes
garetjaxthemise
Contributor - Level 2

franchise66 wrote:
There is no charge for the application....However MB charges will apply to download the application.

There will also be possible MB charges any time you sign in or refresh your friends list.

0 Likes
SMRyan
Contributor - Level 2

To my knowledge, to my own experiences i've seen MB usage appear after using mobile IM (sign in's/sign offs) on a phone that wasn't capable of any other source of MB usage (Samsung U340), So I would trend to say that signing in/off = MB usage, although a very slight amount, it will still round up to a full MB at the end of the month for 1.99

0 Likes