Mobile Email with my data plan?
webequipped

Rather confusing…

Today for the second time in several days I receive one of those 'VZW FREE MSG' in my text messages which wants me to download mobile email.

Cool, I will give it a try. So I go to the Media Store site to ‘Learn More’. I checked it out and found that they want a $5.00 monthly subscription HOWEVER, they also indicate on the Mobile Email download page that if you have subscribed to a data plan on or after 1/18/10 that it is included in your monthly charge and yes I just picked up on my new phone with a data plan.

This is where I am getting a little confused because to download the mobile email application I have to agree to the $5.00 monthly subscription. So if this is already included in my monthly data plan why do I have to agree to the $5.00 monthly subscription?

I am hesitant to download this application because I do not need it so badly that I need to pay another $5.00 monthly on top of the data play I have already purchased. Also, if it is included, then why doesn’t the bleep’n web site know it is already included in my account since I am logged into the web site with my account credentials?

Or better yet, if I truly do have this included in my monthly data plan why not just send it to my phone automatically!!

Can someone please explain the stupidity of this or am I just crazy?

thx

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Mobile Email with my data plan?
BelindaY

You will need to agree to the subscription and download it. However, you won't get charged the $5 per month, because it is included in the data plan. Mobile Email application does use data though. I just tried it today. Reading emails using Mobile Email will incur billable data usage.

0 Likes