Mobile AIM not signing me on
travis_104

Hello everyone.  I got the new Samsung Alias yesterday from Verizon Wireless.  When I try to sign on to Mobile AIM, it gives me an error message saying "Default Buddy List dosen't exist".  The error is "Error - 36".  I have a buddy list on AIM, so I don't know what the problem is.

I have tried Mobile MSN and Mobile Yahoo Messenger and those seem to work fine and sign in normally.  The problem is only with Mobile AIM.

Any ideas on what I should do?  I just bought this phone yesterday.

~travis_104

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Mobile AIM not signing me on
taken4granite

I've encountered this problem before. AIM automatically has separate folders for mobile device, friends, family, etc.

There's an unwritten rule that there's a limit to how many buddies you can have on the mobile device folder. You probably have exceeded this amount, try scaling back the amount of buddies you have for your mobile device folder.

0 Likes
travis_104

Sorry I haven't replied in a while.

Anyway, I do have contacts in my Mobile Device folder on AIM.   However, I only have 3 contacts in there.  I tried resetting the Mobile IM application and that didn't make AIM work.  Could this be a possible problem with the phone itself?

-Travis

0 Likes
Carm
Contributor - Level 2
You are not the first person to have AIM related issues. There is another post here as well FYI

http://community.vzw.com/vrzn/board/message?board.id=Messaging&message.id=1597#M1597
0 Likes