Messengers
sk07

If I'm using messengers such as eBuddy or Messenger app for Facebook, does this count against my text messaging? Also, what is the charge now for each text over your limit?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Messengers
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

sk07 wrote:

If I'm using messengers such as eBuddy or Messenger app for Facebook, does this count against my text messaging?No, those apps use data.  Mobile IM for AIM, Yahoo, and MSN messaging (and it comes preinstalled on many Verizon phones) uses your texting allowance; others you will need to read the documentation to see if it uses texts or data.

Also, what is the charge now for each text over your limit?  Catfish already gave you the correct answer.  :smileyhappy:

View solution in original post

0 Likes
spottedcatfish
Champion - Level 3

What type of phone do you have?

As far as I'm aware, the eBuddy app uses data to send/recieve messages and other information.  I'm not sure about Facebook Messenger.  Facebook does have a texting service, but I believe you access it by texting information to a specific shortcode using your regular text messaging program.  You'll need to carefully read the documentation for each program you use to determine if it uses data or text messages for communication.

Overages for people with limited data packages are 10 cents per message.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

sk07 wrote:

If I'm using messengers such as eBuddy or Messenger app for Facebook, does this count against my text messaging?No, those apps use data.  Mobile IM for AIM, Yahoo, and MSN messaging (and it comes preinstalled on many Verizon phones) uses your texting allowance; others you will need to read the documentation to see if it uses texts or data.

Also, what is the charge now for each text over your limit?  Catfish already gave you the correct answer.  :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
Thorxes
Enthusiast - Level 2

The messenger apps that come with the phone (AIM/MSN/Yahoo) all use data, not texts. I've confirmed this with 2 people in the store, a tech support rep, and various places online.

I can't speak to eBuddy, but I've heard that the Facebook app can use texts instead of data.

0 Likes