Messaging opens Gallery when attaching pic's, But only see placeholders no pic's
SGONZO
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi, I am having issues with this app on my Droid Turbo, when  I  go to attach a pic,  massages+ opens up Gallery, when it does I only see a few pic’s the rest are placeholders  about  6 pic’s out of 200 are displayed the rest are placeholders. I spent about an hour on the phone with the Verizon tech this morning 2/5/2017, and could not resolve the issue. But did find some interesting things during the trouble shooting.  We found that when we uninstall the app updates and restore the original version of Massages +,6.2.5 the issue was gone, the app was able to display all the pic’s in my gallery. But when we updated the app to 6.4.4 the problem came back and was unable to view pic’s just  placeholders. Also  my wife has the same phone and is having the same problem. Prior versions to the 6.4.4  may also have the same issues

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Messaging opens Gallery when attaching pic's, But only see placeholders no pic's
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for reaching out to us. We understand the importance of a working device. Let's fix this. Are your photos backed up to Verizon cloud? Is there any other application that is malfunctioning on your device?

TabithaJ_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Re: Messaging opens Gallery when attaching pic's, But only see placeholders no pic's
SGONZO
Enthusiast - Level 2

No, my photos are not on the Verizon Cloud and no there are no other applications malfunctioning on my device.

z3nj03l
Enthusiast - Level 2

I want the ability to send pictures without the pictures being on Verizon's Cloud.

The App used to be able to browse any gallery on the phone and then when a photo was selected, pop it into a conversation bubble where text can be added.

This is not the case anymore.

Terrible update.

0 Likes
SGONZO
Enthusiast - Level 2

What are you talking about? Your comments have nothing to do with my issue...

0 Likes
z3nj03l
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well there's another issue with pictures then.

0 Likes
SGONZO
Enthusiast - Level 2

There is no problem with pictures, the issue is with Verizon's App, "Messages Plus".

0 Likes
mod600

I'm seeing the exact same thing.  I have not tried to uninstall the update yet, but when I go to my gallery to attach a picture any picture that I have not sent or received shows up as a mountain scene looking icon....  Everything worked just fine before...  Also on a Motorola Droid Turbo...

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the additional information, SGONZO. I rely on my messaging app to work flawlessly and we want this for you as well. Let’s keep digging into this. There have been a few updates to correct issues with the app. Please check the playstore for any new updates and test out the app. Please let us know how this goes.

DanielleR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate you taking the time that you have to troubleshoot. If the screen is left up do pictures ever start appearing as if it is processing extremely slow? While running the 6.4.4 version please clear the cache and app data via Settings>Applications>Message+>Storage and then reload the application.

YaleK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes