Messages plus app sent/received pictures folder location?
rjack88

In my messages+  app it shows I have 416 pictures in my sent/received folder, where is this folder located so I can save these pictures to my computer?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Messages plus app sent/received pictures folder location?
Snn5
Legend

Look in your file manage app.  If you do not have one, you can either download an app or you can plug into a PC with USB and search the phone like a flash drive in My Computer.

0 Likes
rjack88

I've looked everywhere on both the phone storage and SD card...

Randy

Personal Information removed as required by

Message was edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Was that after downloading an app like File Manager from the Play store and after plugging in the phone into a PC USB port and opening in My Computer or similar?

0 Likes
rjack88

I've tried both ways, using a file manager app I already had, not the built in one, and as a USB drive plugged into my computer.

Randy

Personal Information removed as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message was edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

If you cant find them on the phone via any method, I'm at a loss.

0 Likes
100Biker
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same issue.  The only way I have found to save them is,

- hold your thumb // finger on the photo in the message thread until a menu appears after a second or two.

- one of the menu choices is "save attachment to gallery."  Select this option.

this will save it to the gallery, and make it accessible in the "VZPics" folder in the file manager.

note that if you delete the message without saving the attachment to the gallery it will permanently delete it.

I would imagine with that many photos in your message threads your message+ may start acting up.

This is frustrating, not user friendly.

SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you go to the Photos and Videos of the app, you can scroll through all the pics that have been sent to you or that you have sent, and save them to the device (they will then be in VZWPics  in your Gallery).  I've gotten into the habit of saving the pic from the message as it comes in, if I think I may want it; that way it's saved and then uploaded to my One Drive (or Google, or iCloud, or wherever you save your photos in the cloud).

I can only find them through the app unless I have taken the extra step to save them.  I've searched folders on the phone and haven't found them.  Smiley Sad  Wish I could be of more help!

0 Likes
BrettGroen
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is the most frustrating thing in the world.  It's a VERIZON app.  You can see the sent/received photos everytime you want to send a new one to anyone, but the only way to access those is ONE BY ONE and delete everything since the beginning of your phone.  How can they not have a folder or a cloud folder where these are stored?  You would think since it "inside" the Verizon app, that you would also be able to find these photos when you pull up the messages on MY VERIZON, but nope.  Not there either.  Ugh.

Below is a recent conversation i had with a Verizon Chat Support Person. 

ME: There has to be a folder where they are being saved to, even if temporarily. It pulls them up everytime i want to send a pic, it gives me every pic since i started using the phone. Has to be a cache or folder somewhere

CHAT PERSON:ok i am checking and there is not a way to delete just this folder (at least not in a way that we here can support) but there are things we can try. for instance we can clear all the data on the messaging app. however this will delete everything. so the pictures and all your messages.

ME: How can that be? Its your program, there has to be a folder somewhere. Or find someone who can develop the app better. A person can go in ONE by ONE to do it, but why not find the folder where they are?

CHAT PERSON:the folder that are in that app are probably hidden folders. so you would have to unhide the folders before you can go into it to delete it. and things like that are parts that we here are unable to support. The stores can not do this either. this would be something from the department that creates these apps. and we dont have a way to contact them.

ME: But its your App CHAT PERSON. That's what I am saying. It's a Verizon messenger app 5.6.8. So if VERIZON cant do it, and the Verizon Store can't do it. Who can?

thejimmer345

SOLUTION:

I had the same problem and was reading through this when I had an idea.  I have a galaxy s6 and I use the message+ app also.  I have way too many text messages and I wanted to delete them without losing all the pictures.  I couldn't find the solution on message+ and couldn't find the pictures anywhere on my phone. 

Anyways, here is my solution.

1. Open the default messaging app on your phone (mine is a samsung so it is just called MESSAGES)

2. Click on any CONVERSATION with photos you wish to save. (any box with someones name you have texted)

3. In that conversation you will see MORE printed in the top right corner.  Click MORE

4. This will open a drop down menu. Select ALBUM, this will take you to all of the photos in that conversation. 

5. Click the CHECK BOX in the top left corner to select all photos.  Then click SAVE (you can also select all the photos individually if you would like)

6. ENJOY THE PICS

0 Likes