Messages+ not sending and receiving picture texts
bjblomquist
Enthusiast - Level 1

Regarding Messages+

Incoming picture texts stuck in "Downloading"  message bubble.

Outgoing picture texts stuck with "Sending" icon at lower level... then tagged at "Failed" with icon of triangle and exclamation.  Sometimes not immediate and can happen several days after sending texts.

Anyone have/had these issues?

What can be done?

Labels (1)
Re: Messages+ not sending and receiving picture texts
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Bjblomquist, making sure you are able to send your picture messages when you want to is a priority! Allow us to further investigate the details. What is the make/model of your device and please let us know when this concern started? Also, are you having trouble with using data on your device when the Wi-Fi is off?

SylviaT-VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
M175M17

I've encountered the same issue, ever since a recent update to the Verizon Messaging+ app.  After extensive troubleshooting with Verizon tech support, we determined that the problem was with the Verizon Messaging+ App.  I uninstalled the Verizon app (if you can't uninstall it, Verizon tech support recommended disabling it through the Android applications settings screens).  I then installed the Android Messaging app.  Although the Android Messaging app doesn't provide all the functionality of the Verizon app, at least I can send and receive MMS messages.

I am hoping that Verizon fixes the bug in their app so that I can go back to Verizon Messaging+.  In the meanwhile, I have to use Android Messaging.

0 Likes
Pete_Mc
Enthusiast - Level 2

We're almost to the end of 2019 and the issue is still intermittent.

Guess that tells us how much VZW cares about it's users and fixing the issue....

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Being able to use the apps that we love is essential. One year is too long to wait for a resolution. There are currently no open alerts for the Message+ Mobile App and MMS functionality, so let's figure out why you are still having an issue. When was the last time you tested the app and encountered an issue? Can you take a screenshot of a failed MMS to share with us here?

GinaU_VZW

0 Likes
EvansD1

Having the same issues....

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're here to help! What type of phone do you have?MichelleH_VZW

0 Likes
DHMT

Moto Z Play - and having the same problem in that I can receive photos but not send them. Cleared out the messages plus cache, but makes no difference.

0 Likes
dej22002

Same issue. And I have a Galaxy S10+

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That is definitely not the experience we want you to have. Please tell us, are you using Wi-Fi or your own data? Do you have the latest version available of Verizon Message +?

MariaV_VZW

0 Likes