Messages not coming to phone, but going to Verizon Messages Web App
kwilliams30
Enthusiast - Level 2

This happens periodically, and is VERY frustrating.  I periocially check my messages using the Web App when I am online.  Occasionally I will see a recent message on the Web App, but it was never delivered to my phone.  Some of these messages are critical to my job and I need to do whatever is necessary to ensure that they are delivered to my phone. 

While there are time when a message will be delivered to my phone, but NOT to the Verizon Messaging Apps (Web or tablet), that I can live with, but not getting them on the phone is NOT acceptable.

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Messages not coming to phone, but going to Verizon Messages Web App
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

kwilliams30,

I know that this would concern me just the same and we definitely want to figure out what may be going on here. Does this happen in specific locations or everywhere? Are you aware if the WiFi setting is enabled when this happens? If you are in a low or no coverage area and the message only goes to the web app, connecting to WiFi would help with receiving the message so we just want to check to be sure.

AdamG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
kwilliams30
Enthusiast - Level 2

It is an infrequent event and I have never been able to pinpoint a particular location, sender, etc.

In this last instance, I was at home and the WiFi was enabled on the phone and connected.  This has happened maybe 5-6 times over the past 4 months or so. Sometime when I was at home and sometimes when I was away, but still in an area with good coverage.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

kwilliams, thanks for those extra details. This is definitely quite odd and we want to make sure that you're receiving all your messages. Since this has been going on have you had a change to uinstall and reinstall the application? Since you have noticed the issues have there been any other changes to the device such as new apps, app updates or software updates?

AdamG_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
kwilliams30
Enthusiast - Level 2

I disabled the original Verizon Messages app on my PC as it kept freezing and locking up the computer.  I was using the Web App solely to view and manage messages from the PC.

I have an Ipad that is using the Verizon Messages App, and that seems to get all messages, but I don't use it that often for messaging, so it is checked infrequently.

My phone was an Iphone 4 and I was using the native messaging app rather than the Verizon Messaging App for the same reason that I disabled it on the PC.  It just kept locking up.  Probably 99%+ of my messages came through to all devices fine with this configuration.

I recently switched over to a new phone (Iphone 5S) and was using the native app for messaging.  Since this last message issue, I have reinstalled the latest version of the Verizon Messaging mobile app on the phone and Ipad and am using it instead of the native messaging app on both.

I have also uninstalled the original Verizon Messaging app on the PC and installed the latest version.  It seems to be stable at this point and I will use it and see what happens.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks again for keeping us posted with the situation kwilliams30. We're glad to hear that it's working for you now and we're still here for support if you run into any troubles. www.vzw.com/support

AdamG_VZW

0 Likes