Re: Messages+ is violating Do Not Disturb hours
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

pcp1347, I regret to learn that the Do Not Disturb setting is still notifying you, even when it's set. I wouldn't want to be notified in the middle of the night, and I am eager to help you today. I completed a little research, and As to the exact setting that's causing this nuisance, we do apologize that we don’t have neither a fix nor a temporary fix. However, we have found much success if a factory reset is completed. Though I know this is most likely not something you want to hear, but doing so will correct the Do Not Disturb setting. If you are not aware of the steps to complete the factory reset, just click on the following link, click on the make and model of your device, then add "factory reset" in the Search field:http://spr.ly/6600EqpOq 

ChristinaB_VZW

0 Likes
hummer5205
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same problem on new Samsung Galaxy S10 5G with all updates.  Factory reset is NOT an answer, fix the problem.  Moving to another message app is the only current answer.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It’s important that we offer as much information as possible regarding the behavior of the Do Not Disturb setting on your Samsung Galaxy S10 5G, hummer5205. A review of this thread shows that many have turned to using a different app for messaging to solve this issue, and others have completed a Factory Data Reset to meet with the same success. Please review the Do Not Disturb setting options here http://spr.ly/6603ESyvd and, in particular, steps 6, 7, and 8, to ensure you’ve fully engaged Do Not Disturb with the proper settings. Let us know what happens please.

GeorgeS_VZW

0 Likes
PhatDuck
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yep, still not fixed. Had the problem on the S7 and now on my new S10. I'm an EXTREMELY sensitive sleeper and it's hard to go back to sleep after something has jolted me awake, so I resent the heck out of this. (Bonus points: When it ended my nap today, it made a sound too, even though I have the phone set to vibrate only.)

It's clear that Verizon REALLY wants us to use Message +, but that no one's going to solve the dang problem - do a search and you'll see this goes further back than this thread. Seriously, what's in it for ANYONE to wake people up? How is making people angry good for ANYTHING? So sick of apps that demand our attention no matter what. Yo developers: That's DUMB.

Bye-bye Message +. Default SMS app changed. My sleep is sacred, and mess anyone who can't respect that.

0 Likes
PhatDuck
Enthusiast - Level 2

P.S. If you're going to censor my language, how about you use **** so it doesn't look like I can't speak English? I didn't say ANYTHING that couldn't be said on broadcast TV, btw.

0 Likes
Zoorgy

I uninstall the app, then reinstalled it and the do not disturb WORKS! 😁

0 Likes
SG35

I find it only happens when the phone is set to vibrate and dnd is set to allow custom exceptions (Doesn't matter what the exceptions are; the phone will still vibrate for any message). Perhaps this helps.

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.
0 Likes