Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 8,526 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions
Messages being sent out of order and in duplicate
BonezDoc

Ever since I have upgraded to 6.5, now I have 6.5.2 on my Galaxy S8+. this app has been screwy. Now Messages are being sent out of order (and sometime showing up much earlier in a text stream than when they were sent) and in duplicates often so that they either come in twice or the same message is being sent twice.

This is driving me crazy and forcing me to start using Whats App instead of Verizon Messager.

Please help

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Messages being sent out of order and in duplicate
janisseiberlich

I'm also having this same problem on pixel 2. Disjointed messages happen more when using emojis. I've tried different messaging apps & happens with all I've tried. Appreciate any assistance.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It is important that you are able to send and receive text messages so that they arrive in order. We have a few questions to further clarify what is going on here. Does this affect messages you send to other Verizon customers, or folks who are using other networks? Is the time on your phone set to automatic? Does this affect messages you are sending to other people or messages you receive?

PeterP_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
TxWolfMom

I'm having the same issue. It's embarrassing to have this happen, especially when it's your boss! I just uninstalled and reinstalled the app on my phone. I am hoping that this will solve the issue. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's understandably embarrassing when your messages to your boss don't go through correctly, TxWolfMom. We appreciate you beginning the troubleshooting by uninstalling and reinstalling the Messages + application. Please do keep us posted on how it's working. To further troubleshoot, have you attempted to use any other messaging applications to see if the issue is present? What make and model phone are you using?

LynnD_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JEWHIG98

I had to delete the original message program to stop getting double text with message plus. I deleted the original from the face of my phone.

0 Likes
MICREP37
Enthusiast - Level 1

Ever since mine updated yesterday I've been having several issues.  Probly better to just not do an update.  This is getting old

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I understand how frustrating it can be when update doesn't go as planned, JEWHIG98.What sort of issues are you currently experiencing?

CecileC_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure that your updates resolve issues, not create them, MICREP37. What is the make and model of your device? Are you having the same issues with duplicate messages, messages going out of order or your text messages not being sent? Have you tried to downgrade or delete the application and re-install it?

JoshuaT_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
DNICOLERICK
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm having the same issue and have seen this message multiple times from multiple users since the update.  Why is it customer service keeps asking the same useless questions rather than fix the problem?  Please stop stalling, research the many complaints, and fix it.

0 Likes