Messages I send on other devices do not sync to my phone.
tarnacle

I can send and recieve messages.

Any messages I send on my iPad or Mac do not appear on my phone.

If I send messages on my phone, they appear everywhere else.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Messages I send on other devices do not sync to my phone.
jasperm_vzw
Verizon Employee

We want to make sure you are able to send messages and receive messages as needed. I would be concerned if I were unable to send a message from my iPad and not see it on my phone as well. With regard to this option when did you start having this issue? Do you have the latest software installed for your phone and your other devices?

0 Likes
tarnacle

It has been like this since I installed the app on my iPad I have the latest software on both phone and iPad.

0 Likes
rashadm_vzw
Verizon Employee

We appreciate those details tarnacle and want to ensure we continue working towards a solution. To be sure we have a complete understanding, can you clarify what app you installed on your iPad when this issue began?

rashadm_vzw

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
tarnacle

I recently switched from AT&T to Verizon.

When I switched, I found out that you can use the Verizon "Messages+" App to text from other devices.

I installed the app onto my iPad and my Mac and synced it with my phone number.

I can send texts and receive through both my iPad and Mac. They are syncing perfectly fine.

However, any text I send through my iPad or Mac does not show up on my phone.

If I am, for example, texting someone either through my iPad, when I later look at my phone text thread, all messages received from others are present, but my sent messages are missing.

My Mac displays messages sent through my iPad. My iPad displays messages sent through my Mac.

My phone does not display messages sent through either Mac or iPad.

It has been like this from the very beginning.

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

Have you tried uninstalling/installing the Message+ app on your phone?  What make/model phone do you have?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
tarnacle

Yes, I tried uninstalling/reinstalling.

I have a Samsung S8+

I also tried doing the "retrieve messages from online" function in the app on my phone, under "settings>account." It didn't do anything and now when I press it, it just goes "sync in progress, try again later."

But that's been happening for 2ish days.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

tarnacle, we appreciate you taking these steps to sync all of your messages together. Next, we will want to ensure that Integrated Messaging is enabled. This feature is what allows you to access your text across all of your devices. Please take a look at #3 under the 'Syncing Message Across Devices' section here: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/verizon-messages-faqs/.

EricaG_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
tarnacle

Integrated messaging is enabled.

I'm starting to feel like a broken record.

Everything is working fine except that messages sent with the iPad or Mac are not syncing to my phone.

When I open the Messages + app on my phone, texts are missing.

Also, completely separately, whoever instructed verizon wireless employees to start off every message with these super fake "We appreciate you" and "Let us work towards a solution" exclamations gave you all some really bad advice. You sound like inauthentic robots. You can skip the fluff and just get to the part where you address the syncing issue. Telling me how much you appreciate my cooperation isn't going to fix my problem.

The fact that you're literally replying once every 2 days isn't super great either.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

tarnacle wrote:

Integrated messaging is enabled.

I'm starting to feel like a broken record.

Everything is working fine except that messages sent with the iPad or Mac are not syncing to my phone.

When I open the Messages + app on my phone, texts are missing.

Also, completely separately, whoever instructed verizon wireless employees to start off every message with these super fake "We appreciate you" and "Let us work towards a solution" exclamations gave you all some really bad advice. You sound like inauthentic robots. You can skip the fluff and just get to the part where you address the syncing issue. Telling me how much you appreciate my cooperation isn't going to fix my problem.

The fact that you're literally replying once every 2 days isn't super great either.

The delay in the response from the VZW reps is because this site is intended to be a peer to peer public community forum and not a direct link to Customer Service.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes