Messages + App - I can send, but I cannot receive texts anymore
amason101070
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been using this app for a few years now and although it isn't the best app for texting, it gets the job done and is very convenient. Since yesterday I noticed that the app )on my Windows 10 PC) started acting weird. I can send text without issue, but cannot receive text. When I send a text to myself, my phone receives it in a second or two, but when I reply from my phone it says "sent", but I never receive it on the desktop app. I uninstalled it a couple of times already hoping there is a DLL file or something that became corrupt, but to no avail. Any help or tweak anyone knows of would be greatly appreciated. Please note, the app has been installed through the Microsoft Store. I cannot locate the offline installer Verizon used to provide. Thanks, Ron

0 Likes
Re: Messages + App - I can send, but I cannot receive texts anymore
jav6
Champion - Level 3

Make sure you report the 'bug' issue to the developers thru the app using 'Feedback'.  There are other active threads related to the sync'ing issue with the desktop app which haven't had any resolution yet.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
amason101070
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks jav6. Will do.

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

Ok. Let's try this to get some movement on getting this issue resolved, as there seem to be 10 related active threads. Everybody experiencing this issue:

1. Call Customer Care: 800-922-0204
2. Ask for Tech Support
3. Ask them to open case/ticket for "Integrated Messaging Message+ sync issues on desktop app"

If enough of us call in and open cases/tickets maybe we'll hear something that is being done or at least identified as a 'known issue'.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I use the desktop app as to Amason. I know how handy it is to be able to send and receive messages on your computer. You have reached the right person to help you. I know it has been a couple of days since you posted this message. Are you still having the issue? Have you tried to use the application on another computer? Does your message eventually come to your computer in time?    AmberF_VZW

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@vzw_customer_support@amberf_vzw ,  So, we have FINALLY reached the 'right person to help us'.  I'll be waiting for the resolution.

0 Likes
amason1010701
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi,

I tried it on 3 seperate computers running Windows 10 Pro and none of them work. I mean i can send, but not receive.

Thanks,

Ron

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for that additional detail, amason1010701. After lifting up this matter on multiple occasions, we do now have an updated alert for this issue. It has been determined that the Verizon Messages - Windows Desktop application is not compatible with Windows 10 computers. As a result, the Windows messaging client is being temporarily removed to prevent syncing issues. As an alternative, it is being recommended to use the web client which you can sign into here:  http://spr.ly/6609ENQhx

EbonyR_VZW

0 Likes
gartmann
Enthusiast - Level 2

That link gets me nowhere. It was working fine for me on Win10 or at least fine enough. So now you really messed us all up!!! Why!

Guess it's time to try google or such 

0 Likes
amason1010701
Enthusiast - Level 2

wait a minute. I have been using it on Windows 10 for almost 2 years without any major issues. This just happened a week ago. It seems Verizon either ran an update which is buggy or are forcing users to their web client. 

Although I do appreciate your input, I just do not understand how the answer is the app is not compatiable with Windows 10 when I have been using it on 4 seperate Windows 10 computers for about 2 years. 

Do you have a link that I can read about these changes?

Thanks