Messager+ messed up phone calls and messaging.
tgray62

My husband and I could not text in his way home in the last hour today, 2/2/17.  Messages on message+ app wouldn't go thru till he got home... Thru wifi?  We also couldn't talk on phone.... No voices....Why? I have S7 edge and he has MotoZ

Now I see others have similar problems.  Am going to switch to another app since there's no guidance from Verizon.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Messager+ messed up phone calls and messaging.
klschade
Contributor - Level 1

How inconvenient!  I think this forced update from Verizon with Messages + app was just poorly executed all the way around.  As far as inconvenience mine and my husband's updated in the wee hours of the am so we were not using our phones, but did have the "panic" of a text in the middle of the night.  Both of our phones were "stuck" on a new profile set up screen.  Absolutely could not clear and return it to the conversation list.  Both my Nexus 5X and his older HTC one just needed a restart and then all was well.  Maybe give that a try? 

0 Likes
tgray62

I got the sign on screen too at the beginning.  I just put in my first name and that satisfied it. Restarting didn't work.  Right now using Google messenger app.  We could probably uninstall updates and stop it from updating automatically but gonna wait awhile.  Maybe they will straighten out.  Kinda worried what nougat will bring now..... I've been looking forward to it so hopefully no new problems

0 Likes
klschade
Contributor - Level 1

My nexus 5x already has nougat and so far so good

0 Likes