Message+ won't open on new Galaxy Tab A
bpdubya

Trying to set up a VZ Galaxy Tab A for a family member who has never had a computer, smart phone or tablet.  The tablet came with no default SMS messaging app.  Tried to install Message+, but needed an active phone # to receive authorization QR code. Couldn't receive code at tablet's phone #, because, of course, there was no SMS app to receive it. Tried it again, giving it my own # instead of her #. Received code and installed, but then couldn't change Message+ number back to HER number. Uninstalled from tablet, restarted, tried again. Message+ installed, but would not open. Tried uninstalling from Play Store, restarted tablet, installed Message+ again, and it still won't open. Tried again just for fun, same result. I can install Message+, but can't open it. On the first Open, it gets through requesting permissions, and then crashes and won't reopen.

Any suggestions? Or should I just forget Message+ and go with a third-party solution for text messaging?

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Message+ won't open on new Galaxy Tab A
deloused
Master - Level 3

a Third party app would work, Messages+ would only work with the number linked to an active Verizon phone. Tablets won’t use SMS with the number in the device.

View solution in original post

deloused
Master - Level 3

a Third party app would work, Messages+ would only work with the number linked to an active Verizon phone. Tablets won’t use SMS with the number in the device.

bpdubya

Okay. Do you know if a third-party app will work with the tablet's number? Or is there just no way to receive texts on the tablet with its own number, and she'll need to have a separate cell phone account in order to receive texts on the tablet?  (If this is the case, we might have to return the tablet and abandon the whole project).

0 Likes
deloused
Master - Level 3

The tablet‘s number can’t be used for texting, but there are many third party apps available for download in the Google Play store that will provide a phone number to use that will work. I currently use Google Voice, but I’ve tried others also

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That is an excellent question, bpdubya! You can use Messages+ to act like a mirror for your other phones messages. For example, your phone can be connected to your tablet so when you receive a message on your phone, it will also go to your tablet. However, your tablet cannot be a stand alone messaging device as it does not have the capabilities. I would definitely recommend looking tinto 3rd party options for other messaging systems! Let me know if this helps!

MichelleH_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes