Message plus showing email address first in contact list
Dcuttell

Recently, my Message Plus app began showing the emails and even home phone numbers before the option to choose the mobile number.  There is an old thread from 2016 where this occurred too but it appears in those comments, it was fixed then.     It’s really an annoyance to have email first given I’ll never text to the email.   Any means to change the setting or is Verizon addressing with a fix as they did before?   Thanks for the help

0 Likes
Re: Message plus showing email address first in contact list
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dcuttell - this would definitely be annoying if I had this happen to me. I always want to text someone to their phone number, so allow me to help get this figured out. Is your Message+ app up to date? Does this happen with every person you text or just some? Have you done any recent changes to your phone; such as a software update? AliciaD_VZW

0 Likes
Re: Message plus showing email address first in contact list
jav6
Champion - Level 3

@Dcuttell wrote:

Recently, my Message Plus app began showing the emails and even home phone numbers before the option to choose the mobile number.  There is an old thread from 2016 where this occurred too but it appears in those comments, it was fixed then.     It’s really an annoyance to have email first given I’ll never text to the email.   Any means to change the setting or is Verizon addressing with a fix as they did before?   Thanks for the help

The issue should be fixed with the latest update on September 23.  At least, it was with my Android Moto z4 update.  What make/model device do you have and have you checked for the update?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes