Re: Message plus not working on Computer
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
tigereyes7088, the Windows messaging client for Verizon messages is being temporarily removed to prevent syncing issues. Please utilize the messaging web client as a windows alternative by following the steps listed on the My Verizon Website - Create and Send a Text Message .

StephannieP_VZW

0 Likes
gonsphoto
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same here.  Message+ started working again on my laptop and desktop.  Just glad it's operational again.

0 Likes
bldegle2
Contributor - Level 1

Dear Verizon,

Same story over and over again.  Message + worked just fine on Windows 7 and Windows 10 for a long time.  To say it is somehow now not compatible with either OS is a cop out.

What made it incompatible after years of fairly steady operation?

What is really up with the app?

Is it moving towards a paid app?

And the beat goes on...

bkgobe
Enthusiast - Level 2

gonsphoto,

Are the messages you're sending through the desktop app showing up on your phone's app? The messages I'm sending through my Windows 10 laptop  are getting delivered but they're not showing up on my phone like they used to. 

0 Likes
kwilliams30
Enthusiast - Level 2

Here is what I did to get everything working on Windows 10 PC.

1.   Open a browser and log in to your account.

2.  Click on ACCOUNT and from the dropdown menu select TEXT ONLINE

3.  From the web browser, disconnect all mobile devices (phones & tablets)

4.  Reconnect your mobile devices

5.  From the web browser disconnect your PC

6.  Close the browser

7.  Delete the MESSAGE+ app

8.  Reboot your PC

9.  Reinstall the MESSAGE+ app

10. Open the MESSAGE+ app and link it to your cell phone.

After that, everything seems to be working.

0 Likes
Txjeff
Enthusiast - Level 2

On Sept 18, I was talking with my brother via Google message on laptop.  And I was laughing because suddenly the Verizon app came alive again under Windows 10.  And it's working today.

There was a sizable Win10 update a few days ago that may have played into it working again.   Or it could be just a coincidence.

I'm still using the Google one primarily though and Verizon notifications I turned off.

0 Likes
bldegle2
Contributor - Level 1

So, after reading the last two posts I decided to reinstall message + ( the old version).  Woot, it is working again..

It sync'd immediately with all my conversations...

Go figure...now I am going to download the one from MS store and see if it works....

0 Likes
bldegle2
Contributor - Level 1

The older desktop version, 1.17 works, the new 2.2 from the M$ store does not work.  It is progress anyway...

0 Likes
bldegle2
Contributor - Level 1

After further inspection, it is hit and miss on the syncing, some of my older conversations did not update, the most current ones did though.

Still fubared somewhat.

I just received a message that popped up on PC 1.17 app, first one since the problem started way back whenever...

Progress is slow...

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sorry to hear about the issues with Message+ on Windows, bldegle2. I know that the loss of this functionality is less than ideal. The Message+ Verizon Messages - Windows Desktop application is not compatible with Windows 10 computers. The Windows messaging client for Verizon messages is being temporarily removed to prevent syncing issues and customers are able to utilize the messaging web client as a windows alternative. http://spr.ly/660816UY8 The Message+ team is aware and working on a resolution.

RyanM_VZW