Re: One conversation in Message+ always comes in MUTE
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I want to make sure that you are able to use the app you prefer for texting, cmlevy. I am sorry that your contact with our support team was not able to resolve this concern. Let's look into what is happening. Is the app up to date on the most recent software? I know you mentioned that this is happening with one person. Does this happen with other contacts as well? Does your phone still alert you that a text message was received from these contacts? When did this issue begin? What changes were made prior to this issue beginning?

MarshallP_VZW

0 Likes
Re: Message plus not working on Computer
MPiscio
Enthusiast - Level 1

This issue started with me this past Friday (Aug 9)

Michael J Pisciotta
0 Likes
mschiff
Enthusiast - Level 2

My syncing issue started today, 8/12/2019.  Only 1 person I texted with today has updated on my Windows 10 desktop.  All other texts today have not synced.  I restarted computer, disconnected my desktop from Message +, reconnected and the same texts are there as before I did all of that.

I haven't changed any Verizon information in many years.  The only thing I see on my desktop is Windows Defender Security updates today and each of the past few days.

0 Likes
jav6
Champion - Level 3

Do you know what phones and maybe service they have that you texted?  Is the one that sync'ed somehow unique from all the rest that did not sync?

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
DavidCBodHisMail
Enthusiast - Level 2

My devices quit syncing yesterday.

Samsung Note 9

Lenovo Flex 5 Laptop

iPad Mini 4th gen

Asus R5 laptop

There were a few other laptops as well (My Lenovo is my carry laptop, and I keep others at work/home that I use on a regular basis - I generally will use two computers at once depending on what's going on) but the ones I listed above are my "Go-To" daily devices.

I see the issues started with many of you weeks ago; and like all of you, I tried uninstalling, removing computers/devices from my account/adding them back on.  No Joy.

I've had issues in the past, but generally was able to circument it by changing the router/AP I was logged on to (I work in the hotel industry, and each hotel has several networks to tag, depending on if you're a guest, employee, management, security, IT, etc).  This latest issue has affected all connections, from home, work, and the different hotels I address.  Like many of you who depend on messaging for work, the issue is a real downer - I do prefer to text from my computer, as some days the volume of messages I receive allows me to address them quicker from a device with a keyboard.  This capability is what won me over more than any other benefit that the other providers offered - and I've come to depend on it.  For me, text messaging addresses money, employee concerns, scheduling, and emergencies.

Does Verizon not care about their customers?  In some of these threads regarding this issue, having each new rep constantly asking the same question or giving the same advice gives an illusion that they don't.   For many of you, this has been a concern that has spanned weeks.  Either fix the issue, or tell us that you're discontinuing the service so we can move on and find other vendors that CAN provide us a suitable service, and quit blowing smoke.

jav6
Champion - Level 3

With the sync'ing issue being so inconsistent with when it occurs, I'm suspecting the Verizon Messaging team is working on the servers. Maybe when making changes, they are affecting others. Wishful thinking?

jav6
Champion - Level 3

Ok. Let's try this to get some movement on getting this issue resolved. Everybody experiencing this issue:

1. Call Customer Care: 800-922-0204
2. Ask for Tech Support
3. Ask them to open case/ticket for "Integrated Messaging Message+ sync issues on desktop app"

If enough of us call in and open cases/tickets maybe we'll hear something that is being done or at least identified as a 'known issue'.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mikepisciotta, is your computer and all software up to date?

CheyenneS_VZW

0 Likes
BMc0382
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi,

I have spent over an hour trying to get the gmail -> text(sms)  to work with my verizon phone number, no luck.  HOWEVER, if I send it from my MS Outlook account, it works instantly.  What's up with that?

Thanks

0 Likes
jafauske
Contributor - Level 1

Today, Wednesday, August 14, 2019, the Verizon Messages app for Android has been updated from 6.8.8 to 6.9.0.

On Monday, August 12, 2019 the Verizon Message+ app for Apple iOS was updated from 3.2.1 to 3.2.2.

After updating the app and rebooting each of my affected devices, I ran my send/receive/sync tests again.

I updated my Verizon Messages failure spreadsheet matrix with the new app version numbers (appended below).

There has been ONE CHANGE to the SUCCESS/FAILURE results as tabulated in my original spreadsheet matrix.
The Windows apps now FAIL to sync to Verizon Messages on their web page.

Verizon is doing something, but sadly they have not restored, but ADDITIONALLY DAMAGED, functionality that worked for years before 19 July 2019 (at least for me).

Thanks Verizon, your Windows functionality has been flushed down the toilet!

Verizon Messages failure matrix_e.png